Poll: Advertising for logged in users

Andytizer

Would you be happy if ads were enabled for logged-in users to help generate more revenue?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if ads were enabled for logged-in users to help generate more revenue?

• Yes
    • No

As you may know, we rely on ad banners in order to pay for hosting costs. If you are logged into the site, ads are disabled, which is a gesture of thanks to our generous wiki editors who contribute their time and effort into making PCGamingWiki the success that it is.

Recently, we received some advice and a number of suggestions about re-enabling our ads for users who are logged in. This would help generate additional funding for the site, which could be used for future business needs such as the creation of an advertising fund, adding to the game review code fund, or contributing to our eventual move to a dedicated server.

I've placed up a poll, the results of which may determine whether or not we re-implement the ad banners. Please discuss below if you have any comments.

Would it really make a difference? Pretty sure most people use adblockers in there browsers anyway - do we have any available statstics for this?

For the last month, only 46% of total pageviews are loading ads at all (this is by comparing AdSense stats with Analytics stats). I am guessing this is mostly due to adblockers, but a proportion will be because people are logged in and not being served any ads.

Then sure, enable them :P

With 8 votes in, it seems pretty unanimous. I'll be making a change in the template in the next few days.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I've trialled the logged in/out states for ads for a few days. What I've found is that the change in revenue has not been enough for us to warrant the change. Therefore, logged in will now disable ads. Enjoy!