Removing pages with no fixes?

RGamer

I have been browsing the wiki a bit, and it seems that there are many pages with just the game information and no actual fixes posted with it. This is usually the case when a game series is posted, as they probably don't want any red links in them.

I feel that these pages should be removed until actual fixes are found so that the pages aren't there just for the sake of being there. In the case of game series red links, the text for those games on those templates should remain unlinked until a page is made for said game.

I just feel that people should't be going to pages for games only not to find any game fixes for them on a wiki designed for fixes!

I do this a lot because a lot of people come to find out if a game is optimized, has FOV sliders, etc. etc. It may be a good idea to add a "Needs fixes" template, but I think these pages should be left alone for now. I focus mostly on making pages for games just to start off so someone else can come in and finish it if they own the game.

There's no need to remove content at this stage just because it doesn't contain a fix. The inspiration for the wiki was for listing game fixes - however the future holds potential for a much broader scope. At the very least, holding information on release dates, urls of forums, etc. is very useful information, and forms the basis of a fuller article. It allows people to see the structure of the page, and to add fixes as they are developed, and it also helps our Google rankings a great deal.

At some point, we need to write a mission statement to make it clear what each article is aiming for. At this stage, I would say it is something like 'all the technical information a gamer needs about a PC game' or 'one user-editable page for every PC game listing all issues and fixes and technical information'. Just because it lacks a fix doesn't mean that we can't also use the article to list all issues and technical information.