Gamesplanet's Review Copies?

What happened to that? Wasn't PCGW supposed to receive new copies from them? Or have no new copies been requested recently?

The old assignment system has been replaced with the assignments page. As mentioned there, "high profile releases may not be listed here unless a request has been made prior". You can still specifically request games that aren't listed (regardless of whether it is sold on Gamesplanet).

I requested a whole bunch of games but my requests never seem to be fullfilled. Seeing as we have this Gamesplanet collab going on it shouldn't take as long, I'm confused as to why the wiki isn't taking advantage of that, I really wanted to write a report for DOOM to bring even more visibility to the wiki but I haven't seen any review copies popping up, I'm kinda late to that now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Gamesplanet, as I initially envisioned, pretty much fell through. They do not seem to be willing to provide copies anymore (since about the first week or two we officially started adding their links), but on the bright side we are earning a little bit of commission on each purchase made through the links, which I used most of to fund the Mirror's Edge Catalyst article. I currently do not have the time to chase up developers and publishers as I was able to before as I have been working full time for the past four months. I have attempted to get either Andytizer or Soeb to take the reigns, but I do not believe they have time either, hence why there has been a significant drop in allocation and availability.

The assignments that have been available have either been sent over without us reaching out, or received through the Evolve Terminal which streamlines the process so similar to the assignment system I only need to fill in a form as opposed to looking up who handles PR and consistent chasing, which could result in nothing but wasted time. The message about high profile releases only being listed on request is because I had a few of those which I actively chased, eventually received and were just never picked up, meaning I could not in good faith continue requesting these triple A titles when I was unable to provide a full written analysis a la PC reports.

Gamesplanet, as I initially envisioned, pretty much fell through. They do not seem to be willing to provide copies anymore (since about the first week or two we officially started adding their links), but on the bright side we are earning a little bit of commission on each purchase made through the links, which I used most of to fund the Mirror's Edge Catalyst article. I currently do not have the time to chase up developers and publishers as I was able to before as I have been working full time for the past four months. I have attempted to get either Andytizer or Soeb to take the reigns, but I do not believe they have time either, hence why there has been a significant drop in allocation and availability.

The assignments that have been available have either been sent over without us reaching out, or received through the Evolve Terminal which streamlines the process so similar to the assignment system I only need to fill in a form as opposed to looking up who handles PR and consistent chasing, which could result in nothing but wasted time. The message about high profile releases only being listed on request is because I had a few of those which I actively chased, eventually received and were just never picked up, meaning I could not in good faith continue requesting these triple A titles when I was unable to provide a full written analysis a la PC reports.

That's a shame. Do you know why they suddenly developed an unwillingness?

Also, for future reference, is it possible to earmark donations for being used to purchase game copies for the review system?

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 251 Guests (See full list)