Nvidia: Can't override anti-aliasing flag

​I've encountered three games that have a custom AA flag: Dead Island, Spec Ops: The Line and Serious Sam II. I changed anti-aliasing behavior flag to "none" (default) and forcing AA still has no effect. I do not know why this happens and I hope that both AMD and Nvidia users can test those games. I've edited Dead Island and Spec Ops: The Line articles and removed the information about forced AA method. I'm not entirely sure if Dead Island has some (subtle) form of anti-aliasing enabled (screenshot), but Spec Ops likely doesn't.

​

​I'm not asking for other forms of AA, I want to know why forcing doesn't work. This is mysterious indeed.

​----

​

​Nvidia GTX 780 Ti, latest Windows 10 drivers installed

You can force FXAA in Spec Ops: The Line.
To force MSAA you need to use Nvidia Inspector, Mass Effect 2/3 compatibility flag.
For the best picture you can combine both.

Something like that probably exists for other two games too.

• 2 weeks later...

They do work, either you are doing it wrong. Or Windows 10 is at fault. (It has broke a few things here and there). (EDIT: Turns out, whomever put this information on the pages for NVCP is wrong)
And Forcing AA (With any listed compatibility bits)will only work with DX9 games in WIndows with NVIDIA cards only, it will not work for DX10+,  and any in game-AA has to be disabled 9/10 times to avoid any conflict. Many OpenGL games you can force AA in, but many you can't. And there are no bits for that.

And I can personally confirm AA working without issue in 2/3 games you listed. I haven't tested Spec ops in a while, but I do recall it worked with some minor issues.

I'd REALLY appreciate if you didn't remove information  in the future just because it doesn't work for you. Open up a discussion on the game page (it's right next to the "Page" button and discuss it! :) . Even if someone edited the page to say to use NVCP was blatantly wrong. This needs to be fixed.

For Future reference, please see these threads and ask questions there if you have issues with forcing AA with Nvidia cards>
Nvidia Inspector introduction and Guide - Guru3D.com Forums
NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated) - Guru3D.com Forums

To be forcing AA correctly, you have to be using the correct settings in Inspector.
Example revisedaaoverviewtgr.pngSometimes on a game by game basis, there are further specific requirements. Usually these are noted. . NVCP will not work.

• 1 month later...

I'd REALLY appreciate if you didn't remove information  in the future just because it doesn't work for you. Open up a discussion on the game page (it's right next to the "Page" button and discuss it! :) . Even if someone edited the page to say to use NVCP was blatantly wrong. This needs to be fixed.

​I have avoided creating discussions on game pages because I feel that the threads are completely ignored. The posts aren't promoted anywhere.

​

​But sorry, I removed the same, false information from this article: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Enemy_Front

​It's possible that the game doesn't use any AA, it sure looks like. There's a line "r_postMSAAEdgeFilterNV=1" in system.cfg.

​I have avoided creating discussions on game pages because I feel that the threads are completely ignored. The posts aren't promoted anywhere.

Probably because not everyone own the game.

​It's possible that the game doesn't use any AA, it sure looks like. There's a line "r_postMSAAEdgeFilterNV=1" in system.cfg.

It sure would look like.. just because it has a cfg entry?

You should take screenshots and compare to be honest.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 271 Guests (See full list)