Home page

Andytizer

I've made a change to Home/Recently edited2 to looks like this: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home/Recently_edited2 - I plan to refine it a bit later. Does it function okay or should I switch to 2 per row instead. I'd also like it centred as well (when it splits into 2 rows) but I can't seem to get it to work. Also there is some weird behaviour with switching from tables to divs.

If anyone can do a 'How to help' logo that would be amazing. My photoshop skills are very poor.

IMO this should just have the 3 OS'. I don't really think it's necessary to have the guides there, it doesn't matter too much if they've been recently edited and much like the forums they're sometimes hard to read.

Currently when I resize the browser window from the side to make it horizontally smaller it becomes 3 rows and then 2 rows that are broken as it gets even smaller. The Linux section is still visible but guides goes all the way to the bottom.

I still think that, though they do serve slightly different purposes, that we remove either the recent changes or recently edited pages. We could always stick the loser under the Wiki heading in the side bar. We could then trim the notable releases down to 12 entries to compensate.

I think the Recent Changes are incredibly important for editors. The Recently Edited Articles don't serve much of a functional purpose if I'm honest. I'd vote for Recently Edited Articles to be kicked off the island.

I think the Recent Changes are incredibly important for editors. The Recently Edited Articles don't serve much of a functional purpose if I'm honest. I'd vote for Recently Edited Articles to be kicked off the island.

I agree.

I agree.

The main reason for adding the Recently edit articles page was to clearly signpost that we:

a) support PC gaming as a multi-OS environment

b) signpost the fact that we have 'guides' available for common PC issues

Do people think it has a value? Or we can ditch it.

I intend to implement the page sometime today once I've fixed some CSS issues.

I think we can do those things in a cleaner way. Maybe include a hub for Windows, Mac, and Linux games linked through their respective images? It would be a lot cleaner and smaller, but would still convey the message you want.

Chrome 25. I tried it in IE 8 and the Tweet message and Reddit box don't show up at all.

It looks like if the Tweet button loaded correctly, then it would align horizontally correctly too. Does the Tweet button load on other pages?

I disabled the social bar for IE because of a bunch of display issues, but it's working for IE10 and up I think.

On other pages, everything on the page starts below the bottom of the reddit box. For comparison the version of the homepage in your sandbox displays the reddit box correctly.

Can you send screenshots please, I can't see the issue.

I've tested it fine on some Windows XP, 7 and 8 on all 3 browsers, no problems on my end.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 348 Guests (See full list)