The Incredible Machine 3 CD-audio soundtrack patched for digital re-release

About This File

The Incredible Machine 3

CD-audio soundtrack patched for digital re-release

----------------------------------------------------------------

This CD-audio soundtrack is meant to enhance The Incredible Machine 3.

The original release of the game included CD-audio music, which is sadly missing from the digital re-release. Instead, MIDI music is used, which to many listeners may sound unappealing. Even though GOG.com provide the CD-audio soundtrack as an optional download, it is not used in the game itself.

Rather than use those files, however, I ripped the original audio tracks from my copy of The Incredible Machine 2. Since The Incredible Machine 3 uses exactly the same soundtrack, they can be used to substitute the MIDI music in the digital re-release.

The original audio tracks have been converted to MP3s at the highest quality preset (320 kps CBR), using the most recent version of the LAME encoder. The download includes all the necessary files to play them in the game.

Installation:

--------------

- After installing the game, rename its directory to something else

- Extract all the files in the archive into this directory, overwriting one file

- Run _inmmcnf.exe from the renamed game directory once, and close its window

Before you uninstall, remember to rename the game directory back to default. Enjoy!

Credits:

----------

Irori - whose audio wrapper I used:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Domino/8282/

Collector (The Sierra Help Pages) - whose installer for the game gave me the idea:

http://www.sierrahelp.com/index.html

Timothy Steven Clarke, Randy Dersham, Jan Paul Moorhead, Ken Rogers (of the long-defunct Jeff Tunnel Productions) - for creating this awesome soundtrack

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

• Simplified the installation process and redid the patch. Thanks to user Osprey for the tips!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello. Would it be possible to make something like this for the GOG release of The Even More Incredible Machine?

Share this comment