Blue Shift Menu Color Scheme (Half-Life 25th Anniversary Update)

5 Screenshots

About This File

Obviously from the screenshots, this is not the same as this version. This is one I made myself since I wanted a more WON styled coloring for the recent update to Half-Life. I was a little disappointed this was not done during that transition.

Note: This does not fix the scaling issue with the background on widescreen resolutions or add the animated logo. That will involve more work to add, but might be possible with the new update.

This gives the menu for Blue Shift (or literally any other Gold Source game if you wanted to) a more accurate Blue Shift coloring. It is not entirely based off of the looks of WON as I mainly wanted the menu to be appropriately colored for Blue-Shift...although I went the extra mile to give the menu buttons a more accurate font. You may need to install the font "Courier New Bold" On your system if it's absent. I do not know where you get it if not installed already.

Installation:

1. Download the file.

2. Extract the zip into the game's installation directory (where hl.exe is located)

3. Launch the game.

4. Go to the in-game options and under the "content" tab, make sure "allow custom addon content" is checked. Click apply and the game will restart with the new color scheme.

Note: Using the bshift_addon directory ensures that the file will not get deleted or overwritten after an update or verification. If using the previous version I uploaded, I recommend moving it into the bshift_addon\resource directory instead.

If you wish to use this for regular Half-Life or other mods, create the addon folder for the mod and create a resource folder in there and put the TrackerScheme.res file in there. (for Half-Life, use the valve_addon folder, for Opposing Force, use gearbox_addon folder, etc. Create them if they do not exist already).

What's New in Version 1.0.1

Released

Minor change: Changed zip file directory structure and updated directions with a better install method using the addon directory for GoldSource, this way the files won't ever be overwritten after verifying or updating the game.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.