Forza Horizon 5 Ray Tracing Cheat Engine Table Windows Store

About This File

The first time you load up this cheat engine table while the game is running may not work correctly. Just restart the game, try again, and it should work.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

42 minutes ago, kenatsu04 said:

works perfectly

you on last update? mine quit working after the last update today, wont find the address

Share this comment

49 minutes ago, rorocustoms said:

you on last update? mine quit working after the last update today, wont find the address

gotta edit it real quick, posted " doesn't wok anymore " at first lol but went to  autoshop and seemed to be working so I came here to *sleekly* edit it and now i have to do the complete opposite

Share this comment

52 minutes ago, rorocustoms said:

moral of the story is that no it does not work anymore

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, kenatsu04 said:

moral of the story is that no it does not work anymore

lol yeah, works on the shop but not out anymore, seems like the update might have changed where it pulls the code, hope it gets updated, my photographs don't look the same lol

Share this comment

The main portion of the mod works but Cheat Engine is not letting me check any more boxes. I am using the Xbox version of Forza Horizon 5 (Windows Store) with the FH5_RT_UWP.CT file. 

The options in the red box wont let me check it just gives me a windows error sound.

fh5 rt error.png

Share this comment

On 11/23/2021 at 5:29 PM, pacowito said:

The main portion of the mod works but Cheat Engine is not letting me check any more boxes. I am using the Xbox version of Forza Horizon 5 (Windows Store) with the FH5_RT_UWP.CT file. 

The options in the red box wont let me check it just gives me a windows error sound.

fh5 rt error.png

even if the main mod is checked it's not working after the new patch

Share this comment

I really do hope we can get this fixed again. Following the directions of from the original DF Discord user I was still able to get the mod to work manually (even after the patch), but it's much more of a headache than this method was and also only seems to work rather randomly.

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, lifterpuller said:

I really do hope we can get this fixed again. Following the directions of from the original DF Discord user I was still able to get the mod to work manually (even after the patch), but it's much more of a headache than this method was and also only seems to work rather randomly.

Ooo, can you please link/tell me how to manually get it working again? I would really appriciate

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, rx7rift said:

Ooo, can you please link/tell me how to manually get it working again? I would really appriciate

This was the original guide posted to the Discord back at the beginning of November. I've included the array of byte in the title of the video, but copying it directly from the original post:

00 00 48 43 00 00 48 42 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

You'll need to ensure you have the "browse region" window at around the same width as well so that the "2nd row" is actually the proper 2nd row and the window size isn't screwing with it.

I can attest that I DID get this method to work last week one time, but even trying it several times this morning I have trouble with it. Even when it was originally posted, I was having issues with it and the original poster of the guide wasn't sure what I could've been doing wrong. It was just a crapshoot whether it would work every time I loaded the game.

This particular mod fixed it and perfected it with the extra features like multiple bounces and whatnot, which this doesn't do—it's simply the RT enabler. If there's any info I can provide to get this mod working again, please let me know.

Share this comment

23 hours ago, lifterpuller said:

Just tried it this morning with the new update and (luckily) it worked first time. Not sure if it's easier to do again or if it'll just be these rare occasions again.

StillWorking.PNG

I just saw your post and got quite excited, thanks for doing the video and everything. I think I can consistently find the correct pair of numbers but when I brows the memory region the line under it is already set to 01 so it doesnt change anything. Any ideas? Id be happy to elaborate if I didnt explain myself very well

Edit: I tried everything before I posted and of course my first attempt afterwards is a success. I didnt understand what you meant about the windows size, but if its small enough to only fit 2 columns the line underneath has a 00 that can be edited to a 01 to enable RT!!!!! Thanks so much!

Share this comment

On 11/28/2021 at 5:13 PM, lifterpuller said:

This was the original guide posted to the Discord back at the beginning of November. I've included the array of byte in the title of the video, but copying it directly from the original post:

00 00 48 43 00 00 48 42 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

You'll need to ensure you have the "browse region" window at around the same width as well so that the "2nd row" is actually the proper 2nd row and the window size isn't screwing with it.

I can attest that I DID get this method to work last week one time, but even trying it several times this morning I have trouble with it. Even when it was originally posted, I was having issues with it and the original poster of the guide wasn't sure what I could've been doing wrong. It was just a crapshoot whether it would work every time I loaded the game.

This particular mod fixed it and perfected it with the extra features like multiple bounces and whatnot, which this doesn't do—it's simply the RT enabler. If there's any info I can provide to get this mod working again, please let me know.

hi! I tried what you explained in the video and it still wouldn't work, it shows the exact same thing with the 2 similar arrays of bytes and all but when I change that single 00 to an 01 it doesn't do anything.

Share this comment

Since the base mod is no longer working and it's been almost two months since we've heard anything from the original creator, I asked someone I know to make the following alternative version, which I will upload here.

Please note that this mod has been written without extensive experience in the Lua language so this is a very rudimentary brute-force attempt at recreating @Dictator's mod without the use of pointers (since Cheat engine's debug console always crashed the game).

In essence, this mod automates the process that @lifterpuller created posted by looking through a wide list of memory allocations to find the necessary values to change. Since this is an intensive process, your game will likely stutter and cheat engine will likely display "Not responding" for a second or so while it takes it's time to find the correct bits.

Note: Do not open the cheat table until you are inside of your vehicle (i.e. outside of the main menu and not within the vista) since applying the mod prior to that time will cause it to fail as the ray tracing byte addresses haven't yet been created. 

Please free to modify and distribute the scripting as you see fit, but I ask that if you make a more streamlined version to please reupload it to this forum.

FH5_RT_WIN_v5.CT

Share this comment

1 hour ago, steel blade xcr said:

Since the base mod is no longer working and it's been almost two months since we've heard anything from the original creator, I asked someone I know to make the following alternative version, which I will upload here.

Thank you very much for sharing this. I'm glad to see anyone else still pushing for this mod—I was so excited when I first saw the DF video showcasing the original mod, and it was the first time I'd seen a game of this fidelity with real-time RT on vehicles with self-reflections. Makes my photography work really shine. I hope we'll continue to see more support for it

Share this comment

On 1/12/2022 at 6:26 AM, steel blade xcr said:

Please note that this mod has been written without extensive experience in the Lua language so this is a very rudimentary brute-force attempt at recreating @Dictator's mod without the use of pointers (since Cheat engine's debug console always crashed the game).

In essence, this mod automates the process that @lifterpuller created by looking through a wide list of memory allocations to find the necessary values to change. Since this is an intensive process, your game will likely stutter and cheat engine will likely display "Not responding" for a second or so while it takes it's time to find the correct bits.

Note: Do not open the cheat table until you are inside of your vehicle (i.e. outside of the main menu and not within the vista) since applying the mod prior to that time will cause it to fail as the ray tracing byte addresses haven't yet been created. 

Please free to modify and distribute the scripting as you see fit, but I ask that if you make a more streamlined version to please reupload it to this forum.

FH5_RT_WIN_v5.CT 57.29 kB · 32 downloads

This does not really work for me. Anyone else?

Share this comment

(Mod creator)

I just rechecked the mod and it appears to be working correctly with the latest version of Cheat Engine (7.3) and the 2022-01-11 Forza Horizon update.

Did you wait until after you were inside of your vehicle (i.e. outside of the main menu and not within the vista)? Loading in the Cheat Engine Table prior to that will cause it to fail as the ray tracing byte addresses haven't yet been created.

The steps to get this working correctly should be:

1. Startup Forza Horizon 5
  2. Once you're in game and in your vehicle, return to your desktop and open Cheat Engine
  3. Cheat Engine > File > Open Process > Forza Horizon 5 > Open
  4. Cheat Engine > File > Load (not 'Open File') > Select FH5_RT_WIN_v5.CT > Open
  5. You should see a pop-up titled Execute this lua script? > Click Yes
  6. Your Cheat Engine may freeze for a few seconds while the script runs, but the address list should auto-populate once it's complete
  7. Select the activation box next to Enable Ray Tracing (RTX)
    • NOTE: Selecting and deselecting RTX_Enable will not affect the value (still working on this, I'm new to Cheat Engine)
    • 0 = RTX disabled
    • 1 = RTX enabled
  8. Selecting the activation box next to EXTRAS will enable Extra Bounces (1) and set Rays Per Pixel to the highest quality (3).
    • Extra Bounces (0-1, default: 0)
    • Rays Per Pixel (0-3, default: 2)

I apologize that this script is so convoluted - as I mentioned, I haven't written anything in lua or Cheat Engine prior to this but I plan on improving this as time goes on. 

EDIT: Changed FH5_RT_WIN_v6.CT  to FH5_RT_WIN_v5.CT to correctly match the file name.

Share this comment

Thanks for the quick reply! My apologies, as I'd never used cheat engine prior to trying to use this mod. And I wanna clarify that I did not create that original mod with the video link I posted—that was a user on the Digital Foundry discord

Share this comment

On 1/20/2022 at 3:20 AM, cevian said:

(Mod creator)

I just rechecked the mod and it appears to be working correctly with the latest version of Cheat Engine (7.3) and the 2022-01-11 Forza Horizon update.

Did you wait until after you were inside of your vehicle (i.e. outside of the main menu and not within the vista)? Loading in the Cheat Engine Table prior to that will cause it to fail as the ray tracing byte addresses haven't yet been created.

The steps to get this working correctly should be:

1. Startup Forza Horizon 5
  2. Once you're in game and in your vehicle, return to your desktop and open Cheat Engine
  3. Cheat Engine > File > Open Process > Forza Horizon 5 > Open
  4. Cheat Engine > File > Load (not 'Open File') > Select FH5_RT_WIN_v6.CT > Open
  5. You should see a pop-up titled Execute this lua script? > Click Yes
  6. Your Cheat Engine may freeze for a few seconds while the script runs, but the address list should auto-populate once it's complete
  7. Select the activation box next to Enable Ray Tracing (RTX)
    • NOTE: Selecting and deselecting RTX_Enable will not affect the value (still working on this, I'm new to Cheat Engine)
    • 0 = RTX disabled
    • 1 = RTX enabled
  8. Selecting the activation box next to EXTRAS will enable Extra Bounces (1) and set Rays Per Pixel to the highest quality (3).
    • Extra Bounces (0-1, default: 0)
    • Rays Per Pixel (0-3, default: 2)

I apologize that this script is so convoluted - as I mentioned, I haven't written anything in lua or Cheat Engine prior to this but I plan on improving this as time goes on. 

Its indeed working. Thank you! The thing I had to do was was open photo mode as switching with alt+tab would open the menu screen every time. 

Share this comment

Hello Where can I find the updated FH5_RT_WIN_v6.CT? Is there a discord server I can join to keep updated on latest news on this mod?

Share this comment

@jacobThere isn't a FH5_RT_WIN_v6.CT yet, we apologize for the confusion from the typo in @cevian 's original message. @cevianand I haven't needed to create a v6 version yet since the v5 version should still work just fine at this time. If we find that an update for the mod is necessary later on, we will be uploading the newer version to this forum page.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, steel blade xcr said:

@jacobThere isn't a FH5_RT_WIN_v6.CT yet, we apologize for the confusion from the typo in @cevian 's original message. @cevianand I haven't needed to create a v6 version yet since the v5 version should still work just fine at this time. If we find that an update for the mod is necessary later on, we will be uploading the newer version to this forum page.

Oh all good, I just can't seem to get the mod working, yes loaded the mod when I was in photomode. Yes I made sure RT was at value of 1, for what ever reason it wouldn't activate. I will continue trying today.  

image.thumb.png.4132ecd4534e8d6222335c28eb060c6d.png

What I do is follow the instructions exactly, go into game and focus to update but RTX doesn't appear. I'm probably missing something? I'm currently playing the game through Xbox Game Pass on PC. $1 for 3 months, could that be why?

Share this comment