4 Screenshots

About This File

this mod Includes:

•New rock textures
•New grass textures

• Darker asphalt, brighter markings.
• Fix bricks (removed excessive shine).
• Additional textures of the grass.
• New "noise map" or "dirt map" (the city seems cleaner).
• Paving slabs are darker.
• New effects of blood.
• New lighting effect.
• New effect of a shot from a weapon.
• Smoke more transparent
• New "LOD" card with a slight increase in quality.
• New texture of trees.

•Hi res textures for alex 

•added Red-ish details to all of alex's powers (inspiration taken from main Game Cover).

(many elements can be removed like the red in alex's powers if you don't like it)

Video Tutorial: 

•An More than 8 cpu core fix for the game (soo you can launch the game with the graphic enhancements without the game crashing on you)

IMPORTANT: When using "More that 8 Cores Texmod.bat" (IF YOU LAUNCH IT IN ADMINISTRATOR) it will automatically also disable all your "HID-compliant consumer control device" (For better FPS) and 
Re-Enable them automatically after you close the texmod. Keep in mind that it's a little buggy, sometimes it disables them, sometimes it doesn't... 
in that case, just Relaunch it till it does.

REMEMBER WHEN EXTRACTING THE FILES YOU HAVE TO EXTRACT THEM AT THE SAME TIME.

998104350_Screenshot2021-04-12143318.thumb.png.99089cab74740fc75a14e6ae145909ac.png.e9dc9eed0a37d2ef370f3f3fa9ca2316.png

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Removed the problematic More than 8 Cores.exe shortcut with an Bat File (of the same name). Functions way better and without the problems that the other method had.

Just click on the "More that 8 Cores Texmod.bat" and you'll be good to go.

Also added that if you launch "More that 8 Cores Texmod.bat" (IN ADMINISTRATOR) disable all your "HID-compliant consumer control device" (For better FPS) and 
Re-Enable them automaticall y after you close the texmod. It's a little buggy soo if it doesn't deactivate them, just relaunch it till it works.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, chrysaliarus said:

I'm getting an error with the second texmod part. Is that normal?

Screenshot_2.png

that ain't normal... i suggest that you double check if ur files downloaded correctly and try again. also remember that this game is pretty old and has problems launching if u have a cpu with more that 8 cores. so maybe it could be that... You'll need to set up an affinity in order to limit the amount of ur cpu's cores for this game only in order for it to run propetly.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, xcrysizz said:

that ain't normal... i suggest that you double check if ur files downloaded correctly and try again. also remember that this game is pretty old and has problems launching if u have a cpu with more that 8 cores. so maybe it could be that... You'll need to set up an affinity in order to limit the amount of ur cpu's cores for this game only in order for it to run propetly.

I downloaded it 4 times and got the same file error each time. Game runs great and the texmod works if I don't use the file listed with the data error. I just switched it with the one provided in part 1.

Edit: I tried it with my laptop as well to make sure it wasn't my computer and it still shows the data error message. So it's definitely not my hardware causing the issue. It downloads the full 132.99 mb file.

Edited by chrysaliarus

Share this comment

This doesn't work. The instructions are confusing as shit and the texture packs wont load in. You talk about how if you have an 8 core processor then you need to follow step 3. In step 3 you then proceed to go off topic explaining that if you don't have Prototype installed in the default location, then you need to change the "Target" and "Start In" destination paths. Nigga, I have my game installed in the default location so what am I supposed to do? I click on "Prototype (more that 8 Cores)", which isn't even grammatically correct btw, load in the texture packs and hit "Run" but they don't show up. Even just using the default Texmod.exe doesn't work either. Please help.

Share this comment

On 1/23/2021 at 8:17 AM, nob said:

This doesn't work. The instructions are confusing as shit and the texture packs wont load in. You talk about how if you have an 8 core processor then you need to follow step 3. In step 3 you then proceed to go off topic explaining that if you don't have Prototype installed in the default location, then you need to change the "Target" and "Start In" destination paths. Nigga, I have my game installed in the default location so what am I supposed to do? I click on "Prototype (more that 8 Cores)", which isn't even grammatically correct btw, load in the texture packs and hit "Run" but they don't show up. Even just using the default Texmod.exe doesn't work either. Please help.

I went and check if I wrote something wrong in the code for "prototype (more that 8 cores)" and i even moved my game to the default location of steam and it everything was working perfectly fine ... maybe the instructions were to hard to understand. so i re-wrote some of the instructions for better understanding. And in the instructions it was clarified that U needed to move the texmod folder to the prototype folder, not the files inside of texmod to the prototype folder (because if not placed correctly it breaks the texmod)

soo i change it soo that u need to move all of your files inside texmod to prototype folder instead of the folder itself. the update should be up soon

Share this comment

On 1/22/2021 at 12:57 AM, chrysaliarus said:

I downloaded it 4 times and got the same file error each time. Game runs great and the texmod works if I don't use the file listed with the data error. I just switched it with the one provided in part 1.

Edit: I tried it with my laptop as well to make sure it wasn't my computer and it still shows the data error message. So it's definitely not my hardware causing the issue. It downloads the full 132.99 mb file.

you need to download and extract them both... 

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, xcrysizz said:

you need to download and extract them both... 

I extracted them both. Maybe it's because I somehow extracted them separately? This seems like it could have been the cause.

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, chrysaliarus said:

I extracted them both. Maybe it's because I somehow extracted them separately? This seems like it could have been the cause.

yup, shit's working now. This is due to my own stupidity I believe. Sorry for the mess.

Share this comment

Just now, xcrysizz said:

Don't worry brotha... Enjoy

thanks for the assist, makes it super easy to run this game along side the resolution fix. I might try to see if I can get it to run with dxvk. Possibly find a fix with shadows not working for my amd card by spoofing the device and vendor id of an nvidia card

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, chrysaliarus said:

thanks for the assist, makes it super easy to run this game along side the resolution fix. I might try to see if I can get it to run with dxvk. Possibly find a fix with shadows not working for my amd card by spoofing the device and vendor id of an nvidia card

Gook luck on that one 💪

Share this comment

4 hours ago, xcrysizz said:

I went and check if I wrote something wrong in the code for "prototype (more that 8 cores)" and i even moved my game to the default location of steam and it everything was working perfectly fine ... maybe the instructions were to hard to understand. so i re-wrote some of the instructions for better understanding. And in the instructions it was clarified that U needed to move the texmod folder to the prototype folder, not the files inside of texmod to the prototype folder (because if not placed correctly it breaks the texmod)

soo i change it soo that u need to move all of your files inside texmod to prototype folder instead of the folder itself. the update should be up soon

Followed the instructions exactly and put the files from inside the Texmod folder into the Prototype folder. Still doesn't work. Why are there 2 parts with the same files? All part 2 does is overwrite the files of part 1. How does that help in any way? Do I need to start a new game for it to work?

Share this comment

4 hours ago, nob said:

Followed the instructions exactly and put the files from inside the Texmod folder into the Prototype folder. Still doesn't work. Why are there 2 parts with the same files? All part 2 does is overwrite the files of part 1. How does that help in any way? Do I need to start a new game for it to work?

Mate, what you have to do is have both downloaded files in the same folder. Extract the first file and it extracts the second part automatically. No need to extract the second file manually. Then you put the texmod folder in the prototype game folder. Not just the files, the entire folder.

Share this comment

On 1/25/2021 at 2:15 AM, nob said:

There 2 files because i cant upload an file bigger that 250mb to the page... You need to extract them both at the same time, if u do it separately it wont work. And also, in the last patch I change it soo that u need to put all the files inside texmod in the main prototype folder. (Not the folder itself)

Share this comment

On 1/25/2021 at 7:18 AM, chrysaliarus said:

Mate, what you have to do is have both downloaded files in the same folder. Extract the first file and it extracts the second part automatically. No need to extract the second file manually. Then you put the texmod folder in the prototype game folder. Not just the files, the entire folder.

Exacly, altho in the last patch i changed it so the files no longer go on texmod folder, instead they now go in the main prototype folder. In ur case u dont need to make this change since u have the other version and apart of changing the location, it doesnt change anything else

Share this comment

Really cool mod, I like the concept. Unfortunately I could never get it to work. The installation process attempt was frustrating and more trouble for me than it was worth in this mod's current state.

I don't know if it's just the nature of 2-part mods or the way in which this one is compiled but I could not figure out for the life of me how to properly install it. I think I was getting stuck on the "extract them both at the same time" part. I get extracting 2-part mods to the same directory to merge them but I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish with the "same time" thing. Never seen any kind of software in my life that required that for installation.

Using a more aggressive compression method or re-hosting on a site with >250mb file size cap (e.g. GitHub) to consolidate everything into a single download would be a good start. Shame I have to miss out on this cool mod for my playthrough.

Share this comment

sorry if u didnt understand... I use winrar (but you can also use other unziping methods like 7zip, etc)  to unzip all my files. just need to select both of them, right click and select press extract here. If u extract one first and then the other it doesnt work

Screenshot 2021-04-12 143318.png

Share this comment

Hello!

Thank you for making this mod ❤

I followed your steps and it works perfectly!

This is the things I did:

• 1. I unzipped both parts (TOGETHER) and copied the content into my main game folder.
  • 2. I edited More that 8 Cores Texmod.exe -> Target: and Start in:
  • Af.jpg.76998824d6465e36e6495491239f9eb5.jpg

• 3. I chose prototypef.exe as Target Application and added the packages and clicked on Run.

If you encounter the following error, just run the file (More that 8 Cores Texmod.exe)  as administrator

AF2.jpg.f099985614a443b34d8a58af2c89580f.jpg

Thanks again ♥

Edited by xArasHx

Share this comment

Didn't work for me i keep getting an error 5:0000065434.

The text tutorial is extremely confusing. Maybe it's best to have a native English speaker help you in this because i honestly can't make heads or tails out of it.

Here is what i did. I extracted both part one and two on my desktop.

I placed all files inside textmod into my game directory. 

I have a i7 8700k so i have no clue if my 6core cpu with 12 threads should be used with the "more then 8 cores textmod" or not. It's best to specify if it's only logical cores or threads are included. 

I right click on More that 8 Cores Texmod.exe

This part confuses the heck out of me so might have done it wrong.

In target this is my text "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 0xff "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Prototype\Texmod.exe""

In start in this is my text "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Prototype"

Like i said the text you provided for a different locations still had this "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 0xff"

So i'm thinking that's wrong? That it's using my c drive? Like i said i can't make heads or tails from this part.

Next i run as admin the 8 core exe.

I go to target application pick my prototype game and on package mode i choose the 4 files and put them in the same order you described. I hit run and get the error 5:0000065434

No clue what i'm doing wrong

Share this comment

Well i just re installed my game to my c drive and now i can install the mod no problem. But i notice no difference with the mod installed.

As far as i understand all now i have to do is click run? The game launches but nothing is different

image_2021-12-15_224552.png

Share this comment

On 1/22/2021 at 2:29 AM, chrysaliarus said:

I'm getting an error with the second texmod part. Is that normal?

Screenshot_2.png

same,  the source PART2 is corrupted 

Share this comment