4 Screenshots

About This File

this mod Includes:

•New rock textures
•New grass textures

• Darker asphalt, brighter markings.
• Fix bricks (removed excessive shine).
• Additional textures of the grass.
• New "noise map" or "dirt map" (the city seems cleaner).
• Paving slabs are darker.
• New effects of blood.
• New lighting effect.
• New effect of a shot from a weapon.
• Smoke more transparent
• New "LOD" card with a slight increase in quality.
• New texture of trees.

•Hi res textures for alex 

•added Red-ish details to all of alex's powers (inspiration taken from main Game Cover).

(many elements can be removed like the red in alex's powers if you don't like it)

Video Tutorial: 

•An More than 8 cpu core fix for the game (soo you can launch the game with the graphic enhancements without the game crashing on you)

IMPORTANT: When using "More that 8 Cores Texmod.bat" (IF YOU LAUNCH IT IN ADMINISTRATOR) it will automatically also disable all your "HID-compliant consumer control device" (For better FPS) and 
Re-Enable them automatically after you close the texmod. Keep in mind that it's a little buggy, sometimes it disables them, sometimes it doesn't... 
in that case, just Relaunch it till it does.

REMEMBER WHEN EXTRACTING THE FILES YOU HAVE TO EXTRACT THEM AT THE SAME TIME.

998104350_Screenshot2021-04-12143318.thumb.png.99089cab74740fc75a14e6ae145909ac.png.e9dc9eed0a37d2ef370f3f3fa9ca2316.png

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Removed the problematic More than 8 Cores.exe shortcut with an Bat File (of the same name). Functions way better and without the problems that the other method had.

Just click on the "More that 8 Cores Texmod.bat" and you'll be good to go.

Also added that if you launch "More that 8 Cores Texmod.bat" (IN ADMINISTRATOR) disable all your "HID-compliant consumer control device" (For better FPS) and 
Re-Enable them automaticall y after you close the texmod. It's a little buggy soo if it doesn't deactivate them, just relaunch it till it works.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I fixed the steam error by copying steam.exe from my main steam install to the steamlibrary/steamapps/common folder in which prototype was installed.

Share this comment

I ran prototype with only part 1 of texmod installed for quite a while, but when I tried to launch it the next day it didn't work. I went back through the comments and instructions and did it the correct way, but still no success. All that happens when I launch it (after following the steps and setting the load order for the improvements) is a black screen and it minimizes itself; when I try to open it back up it minimizes itself again. I have tried running it in compatability mode for windows 7, running in administrator mode, re-extracting and reinstalling the files, running texmod directly from the game directory and from a folder in the directory, and running without the improvements. I have a 10th gen i9 with 10 cores and a gtx 3090 on a MSI pro Z490 motherboard. Any help at all would be great, I'm trying to relive my childhood, but damn technology keeps killing my vibes.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, kalmorphon said:

I ran prototype with only part 1 of texmod installed for quite a while, but when I tried to launch it the next day it didn't work. I went back through the comments and instructions and did it the correct way, but still no success. All that happens when I launch it (after following the steps and setting the load order for the improvements) is a black screen and it minimizes itself; when I try to open it back up it minimizes itself again. I have tried running it in compatability mode for windows 7, running in administrator mode, re-extracting and reinstalling the files, running texmod directly from the game directory and from a folder in the directory, and running without the improvements. I have a 10th gen i9 with 10 cores and a gtx 3090 on a MSI pro Z490 motherboard. Any help at all would be great, I'm trying to relive my childhood, but damn technology keeps killing my vibes.

Only part 1? The full mod it's split between the 2 parts, without it you'll get problems...

Share this comment

20 hours ago, xcrysizz said:

Only part 1? The full mod it's split between the 2 parts, without it you'll get problems...

yea I reinstalled it with both parts correctly and tried all the stuff I said, and it still doesn't work

Share this comment

hey there hope you still alive at this mod , any chance you can help me running this on windows 11 
whenever I press run I get a error message and game starts but when I start the game nothings has been change , I did read all the comments and tried everything but nothing works 

Share this comment