Silent Hill Homecoming PC Fix by Steam006

About This File

Changelog 1.5:
Improved ini structure
Added real gamma control
CheckDeviceType and CheckDeviceMultiSampleType now reports windowed status correctly
Bug fixes

Features:
Allow 60 FPS
Window mode (Recommended, makes the game not crash when using alt-tab) (The game will appear to be in fullscreen mode if the resolution matches)
Up to 8x multisampling
Force VSync in fullscreen mode
Patch shadow resolution
Patch hard-coded 720p resolution values
Controllable map and item size (F4 and F5)
Controllable sensitivity (F6 and F7)
Controllable gamma (F8, F9 and F10)
Speedhack (F11)
Quick save (F12)
Use checkpoints as savepoints
Controllable FOV (Page up and Page down)
Invert controls
Fix for common crashes
Allow the game to use 4GB of RAM
Use XInput 1.4 if available
Use XAudio 2.3
Set custom save file path
Disable DirectX fog (F1)
Wireframe mode (F2)
Wallhack (F3)

Install:
1. Start the game normally and set the resolution of your monitor in the options menu. Exit the game.
2. Copy all the files to "steamapps\common\Silent Hill Homecoming\Bin"
3. Configure the width and height and other options in Silent_Hill_Homecoming_PC_Fix.ini
4. Start the game with DLLInjector.exe.

What's New in Version 1.7.0

Released

Changelog: 1.7:
Bug fixes in DLLInjector.exe

Password: pcgw

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Brightness control in the game menu does not work. In general, the game starts with a bright picture.
Quick save also doesn't work.
Also, gamma correction does not work when I press F9 and F10

Congratulations on dealing with the sound problem.

Share this comment

I would like to add that only with this mod/fix the map often breaks and only a piece of it is visible, e.g. the right and bottom of the map are not visible.

shh.jpg

Share this comment

I also noticed that the game often catches freeze. Mostly when I have to save the game, but also when I normally travel in the game. Such a freeze lasts up to 20-30 seconds and the game and the operating system are on an ssd disk and with no other game this happens (16GB of RAM)

Share this comment

This is my summary after passing the whole game - these are the errors I found:
- the sound is partly repaired - I played on TV with stereo sound - in cut scenes the speech was heard in the left speaker,
in the right there is silence
- there is a brighter image in the game than the original
- the brightness level cannot be adjusted in the game
- map visibility is damaged, only partial visibility is visible
- when I finished my game the messages "You have unlocked"  and "Would You like to save your game?" was missing - only available byttonsOK, YES, NO

Share this comment

Ive done all the steps but the game still runs really bad. At the very start when your in the hospital bed the FPS goes super low and stutters like crazy. I don't know what to do. My specs are: 15-8400. 16GB ram. RX 5700 XT

Share this comment

21 hours ago, nemesis_darking said:

Hi i downloaded this patch for some reason DLLinjector.exe doesn't let me extract. What shall I do to fix this?

Error Message.docxUnavailable

Disable the antivirus that prevents you from extracting this file.

18 hours ago, nemesis_darking said:

Ive done all the steps but the game still runs really bad. At the very start when your in the hospital bed the FPS goes super low and stutters like crazy. I don't know what to do. My specs are: 15-8400. 16GB ram. RX 5700 XT

You must start the game by clicking on the DLLinjector.exe file, not SilentHill.exe

Share this comment

2 hours ago, nemesis_darking said:

I have downloaded both but still no luck 😞 i do wonder if i am installing them wrong

So by downloading "Fix by Steam" for example, you should extract the archive contents to the main folder where the SilentHill.exe file is (both exe files should be in the same directory), edit the file "Silent_Hill_Homecoming_PC_Fix.ini" to enter the screen resolution for example 1920x1080, fire up "DLLinjector.exe" and everything should work fine. If you did everything as I wrote and the game has low performance then the only thought that comes to my mind is that it is the fault of the graphics card, I use Nvidia cards and you Radeon...

Share this comment

DLLInjector.exe isn't running at all.  I've disabled my antivirus but when I click on it (and allow it to run as admin), nothing happens.

Share this comment

On 10/9/2021 at 5:53 PM, Ulthimas said:

Hi guys, I installed your patches but the game works like this. 

Any fix?

Silent Hill_ Homecoming 09_10_2021 23_18_57.png

It looks like you might have made a mistake setting the game's resolution--Make sure that both the in-game resolution and the resolution in Silent_Hill_Homecoming_PC_Fix.ini matches your monitor. Sometimes, even if you've already changed the settings in-game, the config doesn't save, meaning you have to change it again.

(I know this is a super old post, but I ran into the same problem myself! Leaving this reply here to help anyone else with the same issue)

Share this comment