About This File
This is the Unreal Tournament 3 Patch 5 (or v2.1). It is the latest patch available for the game.
Note that this patch includes all fixes from previous patches. The patch is also required for the Titan Pack to work (a link to the expansion can be found on the Unreal Tournament 3 wiki page).
Here is the full list of fixes:
- Disabled wrap for options lists on PC.
- Split out player and bot counts on mixed servers in server browser.
- No longer require double clicking on main menu.
- Fixed problem with vote menu, where list positions and scrollbar get reset after the menu updates.
- Fixed issue with 'no password' connection error not asking for a password, when in online play.
- Fixed issue with dialog boxes, where button positions are not updated correctly after resolution or message length changes.
- Made the Instant Action and Host Game menus properly recover the saved mutator list, when the Mutator menu is not opened.
- Fixed an incorrect call to WorldInfo.TravelFailed, and fixed the 'Incorrect Password' dialog not asking for a password.
- No longer disable achievements for mods that don't contain code (maps and custom characters).
- Fixed issues with weapons respawning with Duel and with WeaponsRespawn mutator.
- Reduced visibility of DM beacons in darkmatch.
- Fixed greed exploit with redeemer.
- Updated russian localization. Thanks Michael Sokolkov.
- Removed os helper workaround for Windows 2003 server, now that we have a better fix.
- Fixed low gore issue with Titans.
- Fix for wrong team shader in rare cases.
- Fixed dropflag command not working. Also fixes a CTF exploit.
- Fixed excessive link beam decals for listen servers.
- Fixed warfare orb not showing up on minimap on second and subsequent rounds on map where teams switch sides.
- Reduced damage to nodes/cores from dead Titan explosion.
- Reduced damage Titans do to nodes/core with weapons.
- Titan melee doesn't knock down spawn protected players.
- Fixed problem where maplist entries contain unwanted whitespace, and move invalid maplist entries to a separate 'BadMaps' list, instead of just deleting them.
- Fixed bug where the advertised game was wrong after switching gametypes, but only for the startup gametype.
- Fixed bug with password being removed from URL, during non-seamless travel on the same server.
- Fixed bug where the current game profiles mutators would be carried over into other gametypes.
- Added 'MapReplayLimit' to UTMapList; this overrides the same value in UTMapListManager, unless set to -1.
- Added code to trim down the size of server details results when they become too large, fixes problem where servers would not be advertised.
- Adjusted vote code to end vote rounds early, when all players have voted, and to switch map immediately instead of respecting the 'EndTimeDelay' and 'RestartWait' settings.
- In endgame votes, forcibly extend the first vote round by 16 seconds (i.e. the time it takes for the vote menu to popup).
- Added admin-only buttons to the vote menu, which allow admins to force a winning vote.
- Fixed non-seamless travel client timeout disconnects.
- Now consider server "pure" with same rules as achievements (custom maps, characters, and Epic mutators + webadmin allowed).
- Adjusted mutator voting to properly account for mutators in the game profile settings (both added and excluded mutators).
- Fixed problem with cooking with -mod and ModShaderCache.
- Fixed map makers unable to cook when using Titan Pack assets.
- May need to delete GlobalPersistentCookerData.upk from My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC.
- Added mutator hook for blocking team changes.
- Fixed WAR-Confrontation raptor exploit.
- Possible fix for darkmatch memory leak.
- Added refshadercache to patch, so titan content will have shaders compiled.
- Fix for reported rare WAR-Floodgate crash.