About This File
Official third patch for Grand Theft Auto IV.
Includes all versions of the patch available.
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52 See changelog
- Graphics Changelogs of GTA 4 Patch 184.108.40.206:
- Interior Lights for ATI 1900 series cards:
- All light sources appear for users with 1900 series ATI cards. (ie. Pool Mini Game).
- ALT-TAB fixed.
- Graphics Settings:
- Added menu option " OFF " for Reflection quality.
- Added menu option " OFF " for Shadow quality.
- Performance Tweaks Changelogs of Grand Theft Auto 4 Update 220.127.116.11:
- Physics optimizations to improve situations with heavy physics calculations (ie. 32 player races).
- Graphical Performance Optimizations.
- Multiplayer Updates Changelogs of GTA 4 PC Patch 18.104.22.168:
- NAT Type detection.
- Detect if user has a " strict " NAT and displays message for user.
- Voice chat is received even if your microphone is turned off.
- Keyboard / Mouse.
- Remapping restrictions removed.
- Allow Enter, Backspace, and Arrow keys to be remapped by user.
- Allow multiple mouse buttons to be mapped.
- Enable/Disable DirectInput in Menu.
- Users can now activate/deactivate Direct Input devices from "Controls" menu.
- If commandline "-usedirectinput" is active, it will override pause menu setting.
- Use 2 direct input devices simultaneously (ie. Wheel and Gamepad).
- Users can now use 2 different controllers at once, including 1 XInput and 1 Direct Input device.
- Added more Direct Input / XInput device support.
- Saitek P380/P480/P580/P990.
- Saitek PS1000/PS2700/P3200/P3600.
- Gravis Eliminator Shock gamepad.
- Grand Theft Auto 4 Patch 22.214.171.124 for PC Security Related fixes:
- Detect modified files and prevent users from entering multiplayer if found.
- Game will prompt with a message after blocking user with modified data files from entering multiplayer.
- Should prevent multiplayer access from cell phone and GFWL join in progress.
- VIDEO EDITOR:
- Scroll Bar improved response.
- Tweaked to respond better to keyboard inputs.
- Sped up load times for users with many clips.
- TITLE UPDATE 2 FIXES by GTA 4 PC patch 126.96.36.199:
- Return of Hot Dog Stands and other props.
- Missing hot dog vendors, fences, gates, pylons should be present throughout the world.
- Scrolling signboards.
- Activate missing scrolling signboard text (ie. highway signs, Star Junction, Clock Tower Sign).
- ALT-TAB pauses game during cutscenes.
- Cutscenes should now pause and resume correctly after an ALT-TAB task switch. Audio remains in sync.
- GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES by Grand Theft Auto 4 PC 188.8.131.52 Patch:
- Mismatched MODO/Perseus Clothing.
- Fixed a bug when Niko mixes clothing from Perseus and Modo.
- 360 Controller Texture.
- Controller image should be visible in Controller Configuration screen.