About This File
Official second patch for Grand Theft Auto IV.
Includes all versions of the patch available.
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168
- Graphics Menu:
- Added "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality" and "Reflection Resolution" sliders in graphics menu.
- Added "Definition" and "VSync" toggles in graphics menu.
- Rendering optimizations.
- VSync optimizations.
- Nvidia 7000 series.
- Mirrors fixed.
- PATCH 1 FIXES:
- Direct input device support is now disabled by default and can only be enabled with the commandline: "-usedirectinput".
- Supported Controllers:
- Logitech Dual Action.
- Logitech RumblePad 2.
- Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2.
- Saitek P2500.
- Supported Wheels:
- Note: Controls are unmapped, user must map controls using Manufacturer's mapping software.
- Logitech G25 Racing Wheel.
- Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel.
- Logitech MOMO Racing.
- MOMO Force.
- Driving Force Pro.
- Driving Force.
- Formula Force.
- Added Commandline "-notimefix" which will help some users who are experiencing the fast/slow gameplay issue after patch 1 was applied.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to experience endless looping audio effects after Patch 1 was applied.
- Benchmark was disabling sounds after Patch 1 was applied, this is now fixed.
- CRASH FIXES:
- Unable to load game fixed - For some users, a DOS window would open and close immediately upon Game Launch, GTA IV would never launch.
- Hang on Initial Game Loading Screen fixed - Some users experienced Character Art Loading screens in an endless loop.
- Certain causes of the RESC10 error have been fixed (Alt-Tab, change resolution). If you experience an RESC10 error, you must restart.
- Certain Instances of the "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" error have been fixed.
- VIDEO EDITOR:
- Naming clips is now mandatory on Export.
- Legitimate players being kicked from Multiplayer matches has been fixed.
- GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
- Wireless 360 controllers not functioning - Triggers were full on/off, fixed.
- In the Options menu accessed from the Title Screen a â€œGameâ€ section has been added with the ability to turn Clip capture on/off.