Purchasing a Wii U

Miser

Does anybody here have a gained interest in the Wii U now that they've announced a price drop for next month?

If not, do you ever plan on buying one? If so, what would it take for Nintendo to convince you to buy one?

Personally I'm going to wait until later Winter but I was already drawn in before the upcoming price drop.

I've been drawn to the Wii U since it was announced. I can get the majority of popular games on PC, but Nintendo games are exclusive to Nintendo platforms. Sadly, Nintendo hasn't shown me too many games that I feel are "must-haves", at least not enough to warrant dropping $300.

So far I'm interested in the following:

• Super Mario 3D World - I played 3D Land on the 3DS and it's almost as good as Galaxy 2, but not quite. I'm sure the game will only be improved in its console iteration.
  • Super Smash Bros 4 - Hopefully they don't balls up the online in this one like they did the online in Smash Bros. Brawl. Generally fighting games aren't all that popular online, but Smash Bros. has never been about tournaments or millisecond-precision like other fighting games. Being able to play with friends (if I can ever convince any to buy a Wii U) over the internet would be awesome, as well as the ability to play no matter when or where I was.
  • Pikmin 3 - I watched an LP of Pikmin 2 and the gameplay seemed very unique and engaging. Besides that, Shigeru Miyamoto said he thought it was the best game he's ever made. How could I resist?
  • New Super Mario Bros. U w/ Luigi U DLC - Always a fun series to play with friends. I think I'd have to wait for a price drop though, since I can't warrant dropping $70 on what is essentially an HD level pack for the previous New Super Mario Bros. game.
  • Wind Waker HD - I never played the original Wind Waker, but loved Skyward Sword. I watched a few videos of the original GameCube version and it looks like a game I would enjoy.
  • Mario Kart 8 - Mario Kart.
  • Earthbound (Virtual Console) - I played some of this on an emulator and loved it, but haven't picked it back up since it felt like a disservice to play such a great game on anything other than a proper controller.

I think I'll wait for more of the games I mentioned to be released over the next year or so before making any decisions on a purchase, but things are definitely looking up for the Wii U in my eyes.