Spyhunter Nowhere to Run (Working Widescreen!!!)

Unregret

I edit the main .exe from the game folder, using Hex Editor and follow this guide: https://www.wsgf.org/article/common-hex-values
There are two hex-values (4:3): AB AA AA 3F ; just replace them and the game works widescreen!!!! (nothing stretched)
Hopefully, the main wiki page will be updated with this patch.

Now the only problem left is lagging issues when you play; even when I try DgVoodoo2. Anyone know how to fix this lag for this game engine?

Hello! I tried it myself on my 16:9 4K monitor and it worked! Although some UI elements do not scale and become small.

If by "lag" you mean the low 22 FPS (I'm the one who edited the game's page to say 22 FPS cap in-game and 30 FPS in menus a couple of months ago, I used MSI Afterburner to display the FPS), that's how the game was made even back in the day, it's not a compatibility issue with modern Windows (yes I know, it's a weird and awful FPS cap) with currently no known workaround to increase the cap for the PC version.

The PS2 version can be played at 60 FPS on PCSX2 using a 60 FPS cheat code for the emulator, although from the little that I played there are some elements that are sped-up.

7 hours ago, Robot Enthusiast said:

Hello! I tried it myself on my 16:9 4K monitor and it worked! Although some UI elements do not scale and become small.

If by "lag" you mean the low 22 FPS (I'm the one who edited the game's page to say 22 FPS cap in-game and 30 FPS in menus a couple of months ago, I used MSI Afterburner to display the FPS), that's how the game was made even back in the day, it's not a compatibility issue with modern Windows (yes I know, it's a weird and awful FPS cap) with currently no known workaround to increase the cap for the PC version.

The PS2 version can be played at 60 FPS on PCSX2 using a 60 FPS cheat code for the emulator, although from the little that I played there are some elements that are sped-up.

Well, that's pretty bad playing with only 22 FPS, I can barely aim with controller-emulated mouse control; even after increased the value inside keyboard.ini 
Idk how the cheat code can be applied to PC version. That's would be great way to fix mouse speed too.

Hello! Apparently I was wrong, the game originally wasn't capped at 22 FPS, I don't know what's exactly the issue that caps it like that rather than the original 30 FPS. This is how I fixed it:

1. Download Special K here: https://discourse.differentk.fyi/t/download-special-k/1461 (no worries, it's safe and the OP in that link is Aemony, the PCGamingWiki admin. I personally prefer to have it portable so I downloaded the link that says Archive).

2. Extract SpecialK32.dll using WinRar or other zipping software to where wspy3D.exe is located

3. Rename SpecialK32.dll to d3d9.dll

4. Launch the game at least once and quit so that Special K can create d3d9.ini (not d3d9.dll).

5. Open d3d9.ini with a NotePad or other software

6. Ctrl+F TargetFPS=0.0 and change it to TargetFPS=30.0 (setting it higher than 30 like 60 won't cap it at 60 FPS or higher)

7. Launch the game, it should now be capped at 30 FPS

I have edited the game's page too.

On 11/25/2023 at 9:23 PM, Robot Enthusiast said:

Hello! Apparently I was wrong, the game originally wasn't capped at 22 FPS, I don't know what's exactly the issue that caps it like that rather than the original 30 FPS. This is how I fixed it:

1. Download Special K here: https://discourse.differentk.fyi/t/download-special-k/1461 (no worries, it's safe and the OP in that link is Aemony, the PCGamingWiki admin. I personally prefer to have it portable so I downloaded the link that says Archive).

2. Extract SpecialK32.dll using WinRar or other zipping software to where wspy3D.exe is located

3. Rename SpecialK32.dll to d3d9.dll

4. Launch the game at least once and quit so that Special K can create d3d9.ini (not d3d9.dll).

5. Open d3d9.ini with a NotePad or other software

6. Ctrl+F TargetFPS=0.0 and change it to TargetFPS=30.0 (setting it higher than 30 like 60 won't cap it at 60 FPS or higher)

7. Launch the game, it should now be capped at 30 FPS

I have edited the game's page too.

I change to TargetFPS=59.0 ; work much smoother now... But mouse aim is disabled; where can i enable it back?

4 hours ago, Unregret said:

I change to TargetFPS=59.0 ; work much smoother now... But mouse aim is disabled; where can i enable it back?

Hmm... yeah, I just tried it now, you're right, it's much smoother now, but for some reason, MSI Afterburner keeps telling me that it's still 30 FPS, even though it's actually smoother than 30 FPS, I can't test it on higher than 60 FPS as I have a 60 Hz screen and not 120 Hz or higher screen.

3 hours ago, Robot Enthusiast said:

Hmm... yeah, I just tried it now, you're right, it's much smoother now, but for some reason, MSI Afterburner keeps telling me that it's still 30 FPS, even though it's actually smoother than 30 FPS, I can't test it on higher than 60 FPS as I have a 60 Hz screen and not 120 Hz or higher screen.

Nothing in Mouse Input options work for me, to bring mouse aim back.