Making it clearer what is Open Source and what is not.

What's the point in doing that? I mean, adding GitHub/GitLab link in download description would be nice, but most of the software, that is open source is just a GitHub link on the wiki, so it's rather clear, which fixes/mods are open source and which one's are not.

• 4 weeks later...

There are many many people submitting various fixes and modifications. With this, there are many potential ways a fix/mod could be submitted with something unintended or even something malicious, be it intentional or not. Not everything can be checked thoroughly as it's a complex issue.

To mostly rest this worry, if a given fix/mod is clearly marked as open source, it is much easier to trust that fix/mod over other alternatives.

It would also benefit potential developers who see a fix they use is open source, they could contribute to it in the case they feel the need to (be it outdated or issues are found etc.)

Most of my reasoning behind this is I have seen many fixes/mods from other trusted websites have malicious files hidden within them which won't be caught by AV scans of the downloaded archive or its contents. I'd also generally like to encourage people work together on mods/fixes for the sake of a better result which can be maintained in future.

Edited by trilogy4066