Octopath_Traveler-Win64-Shipping.exe Still Running After Exiting Game

xngears

Got this weird issue where whenever I exit from Octopath Traveler, the Octopath_Traveler-Win64-Shipping.exe is still running in the background. I have to manually close it with Task Manager.

I've tried looking online for a solution, and I only see that Win64-Shipping.exe being tied to Fortnite and other UE4 games. But I only see people posting problems of not being able to start their games, not having a part of them still run in the background after exiting.

Reinstalling the game didn't help. ALT+F4 does seem to close the game and background process, but I'd rather not have to do that every time I end the game.

Octopath_Traveler-Win64-Shipping.exe - that's main game's executable. Every Unreal Engine 4 has such file in subfolders:

<path-to-game>\<game_name>\Binaries\Win64\<game_name>-Win64-Shipping.exe for 64-bit

<path-to-game>\<game_name>\Binaries\Win32\<game_name>-Win32-Shipping.exe for 32-bit (rare kind)

If the game crashed I'd recommend to check this bug OpenSSL* SHA Crash Bug Requires Application Update (intel.com). But your case seems quite unique.

10 hours ago, Mastan said:

Octopath_Traveler-Win64-Shipping.exe - that's main game's executable. Every Unreal Engine 4 has such file in subfolders:

<path-to-game>\<game_name>\Binaries\Win64\<game_name>-Win64-Shipping.exe for 64-bit

<path-to-game>\<game_name>\Binaries\Win32\<game_name>-Win32-Shipping.exe for 32-bit (rare kind)

If the game crashed I'd recommend to check this bug OpenSSL* SHA Crash Bug Requires Application Update (intel.com). But your case seems quite unique.

Trying to understand the documentation here, but I'm at a loss. Could I get some simplified directions on what to try?

On 1/18/2022 at 10:58 PM, xngears said:

Got this weird issue where whenever I exit from Octopath Traveler, the Octopath_Traveler-Win64-Shipping.exe is still running in the background. I have to manually close it with Task Manager.

I've tried looking online for a solution, and I only see that Win64-Shipping.exe being tied to Fortnite and other UE4 games. But I only see people posting problems of not being able to start their games, not having a part of them still run in the background after exiting.

Reinstalling the game didn't help. ALT+F4 does seem to close the game and background process, but I'd rather not have to do that every time I end the game.

Why are you so mad at poor devs, who wants to earn some more cash by mining cryptocurrency? Don't be toxic, lol

Joke, obviously, but I want to point that, 'cause administration doesn't know what jokes are, apparently.

22 hours ago, Mastan said:

Here's how to do it: https://www.minitool.com/news/environment-variables-windows-10-005.html

Select "New" instead of "Edit" mentioned there. Create new variable with the name OPENSSL_ia32cap and set its value to ":~0x20000000" sans quotes.

Then relogin or reboot.

Didn't seem to work. Was I just supposed to set the value here, or was I supposed to point to the .exe file or something afterward?