Hypnospace Outlaw problem with videos (artifacts)

Talos

Hello everyone!

Last year,  I bought Hypnospace Outlaw on GOG. I tried the game out yesterday and encountered a problem.

Basically, videos played in the game show artifacts, like there's an encoding or codec error. I attached a screenshot from the game that I took.

I reported the issue to the developer's Discord channel.

I also found this post on Steam forums and a possible solution. https://steamcommunity.com/app/844590/discussions/0/2945873244411307842/?ctp=2

But I decided to post it here, to find even more solutions to this problem.

Here are my specs

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-core 4.0GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5500XT 4GB graphics memory (manufacturer: ASUS)
RAM: 8GB
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (updated to the latest version, build 19041)
Motherboard: Gigabyte MB with AMD chipset

Apparently, from what I managed to find on the internet, most people that reported having this issue are users of AMD GPUs.

If anyone has/had this problem too, please post it here and/or report it directly to the developer's Discord channel. This needs investigating.

ComputerVideo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but I have an update. (Issue solved.)

To make the long story short, I contacted the devs on their Discord and I explained the situation I had with the game. It turns out that offline installers for the GOG version used an older version of the game (ver 2.25e) rather than the newest one (ver. 2.34). Needless to say, all of us were perplexed.

Thankfully, they immediately sent a message to the GOG team and they fixed the issue. The game is updated now on GOG for the offline installers. It works perfectly fine now, and I also have the bonus content with Hypnospace Plus.

A big thanks to the developers for their response and understanding!