Hello to the PCGW community

It'sJustAnotherExcuse

Greetings, 😃

Let me just say hello to everyone since I just made an account here.
I think PC Gaming Wiki is a great idea as installing and playing old PC games can be such a pain and I've got lots of games that I brought back from the dead thanks to this site!

I also like to contribute when I can about games that aren't listed here or have no additional information.
There are a few things I'd like to know first though, like what's the policy on copyprotection and how to circumvent it in cases that need it (Safedisc, Starforce, ect.).
NFS Most Wanted 2005 won't work on recent versions of Windows without a fix to the copyprotection for instance.

I'd like to hear from you and feel free to say hello. 👋😄

Welcome to the community. You can find most things related to editing and the policies etc covered by the Editing Guide.

In regards to copy protection bypasses we have a pretty strict policy that only allows the specific mention of some tools, those being Steamless, unSafeDisc, and XLiveless right now. For all other situations the rule of thumb is to basically mention that the copy protection needs to be bypassed without providing any links or instructions on how to do so. So for example, providing a link and instructions to a crack/patch that removes the copy protection is not allowed, but merely mentioning  e.g. "a NO-CD patch is required" is fine.

11 minutes ago, Aemony said:

Welcome to the community. You can find most things related to editing and the policies etc covered by the Editing Guide.

In regards to copy protection bypasses we have a pretty strict policy that only allows the specific mention of some tools, those being Steamless, unSafeDisc, and XLiveless right now. For all other situations the rule of thumb is to basically mention that the copy protection needs to be bypassed without providing any links or instructions on how to do so. So for example, providing a link and instructions to a crack/patch that removes the copy protection is not allowed, but merely mentioning  e.g. "a NO-CD patch is required" is fine.

I see, thanks!