Transformers: War for Cybertron not launching (non-steam)

I wanted to revisit a childhood memory of mine, that being the 2010 game Transformers: War for Cybertron.

However, the game will not launch! Whenever I press start, it shows the splash page, and then boots back to my desktop.

And just to let you know, I've tried running it in compatibility mode and copying all PhysX files to the Binaries folder, both of which are recommended on the PCGamingWiki page, and it still won't launch. The other tip it uses to try and get it to launch refers to the STEAM VERSION. And in case you don't know, You can't buy War for Cybertron or its sequels on Steam anymore. I tried to buy it on console (specifically my PS3), and on G2A (which I don't condone nor support) and it turns out that the game and its sequels are popular targets for Scalpers, which is never a good thing. I'm using a pirated installation, and because of these random crashes, I'm just mad.

Anyone got any ideas to get this game to launch in Non-Steam versions?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello bentehgray! Apologies for a late reply.

I do own a retail copy of the game, and, seeing your post, I decided to test the game on Windows 10.

Everything worked out fine, with no problems or fixes needed. I didn't even install the Nvidia PhysX files, as I use AMD cards. It works great right out of the box.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 core 4.0 GHz

RAM: 8 GB GDDR3

Graphics card: Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB graphics memory

Motherboard: Gigabyte AMD chipset, with up to 32GB RAM support

If you can, can you post your PC specs? Maybe we can find something that prevents you from playing the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 7/16/2020 at 7:08 AM, bentehgray said:

I wanted to revisit a childhood memory of mine, that being the 2010 game Transformers: War for Cybertron.

However, the game will not launch! Whenever I press start, it shows the splash page, and then boots back to my desktop.

And just to let you know, I've tried running it in compatibility mode and copying all PhysX files to the Binaries folder, both of which are recommended on the PCGamingWiki page, and it still won't launch. The other tip it uses to try and get it to launch refers to the STEAM VERSION. And in case you don't know, You can't buy War for Cybertron or its sequels on Steam anymore. I tried to buy it on console (specifically my PS3), and on G2A (which I don't condone nor support) and it turns out that the game and its sequels are popular targets for Scalpers, which is never a good thing. I'm using a pirated installation, and because of these random crashes, I'm just mad.

Anyone got any ideas to get this game to launch in Non-Steam versions?

Sorry I'm really late But I downloaded this and it worked perfectly https://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownloads/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/9.21.0713/PhysX_9.21.0713_SystemSoftware.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce so try to download this and or troubleshoot the compatibility.

My laptop's specs:

Processor    Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4120 CPU @ 1.10GHz   1.10 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7.82 GB usable)
Device ID    47B14F6F-C6E5-4841-87CF-B99E04D2D83F
Product ID    00356-07328-02942-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor