Halo on Windows 7

Soopytwist

I've followed instructions to set-up Halo but it's not working with Chimera. The instructions for Custom Edition didn't really make a lot of sense, suggesting I install the original game first (from disc) which I did but then CE installs in a separate directory anyway so what's the point?

So I've got two Halo directories, one is installed from the disc and the other installed from Custom Edition. I ran the Halo Custom Edition Patch v1.09 which comes with CE then I put the chimera.dll in the controls folder in the CE main directory. Next I put the contents of the d3d9 folder from InjectSMAA into the CE base directory, edited the .ini and changed HIGH to ULTRA.

When I run the game the screen goes black then the desktop comes back and a message says:

"Could not find player_id_s signature,  thus Chimera cannot load. Make sure you're using Halo Custom Edition v1.10".

Then another message that reads:

"Could not find map_header_s signature...." and rest of message same as the first.

The game then runs, well the main menu appears at least, but I assume Chimera isn't working.