Photo

Help runnning H.E.D.Z on win 10 x64

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Solstar82

Solstar82

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

the game is one of those pesky mid '98 games with 3dfx support that just refuse to work on any modern pc even with wrappers. I managed to install it, but once the game it either just clsoe abruptly or ask for the cd (which is loaded already as a virtual unit and its still not recognized)

#2 Garrett

Garrett

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

Unfortunately it looks like this is one the many games that were broken by changes introduced with Windows 8 (it works on Windows 7).

I found a solution online for removing the disc check (open HEDZ.EXE in a hex editor and change 74 06 B0 03 to 74 00 B0 00) but it doesn't get much further without it--with dgVoodoo 2 it starts but only get as far as the initial copyright screen before it crashes.

#3 Solstar82

Solstar82

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

Unfortunately it looks like this is one the many games that were broken by changes introduced with Windows 8 (it works on Windows 7).

I found a solution online for removing the disc check (open HEDZ.EXE in a hex editor and change 74 06 B0 03 to 74 00 B0 00) but it doesn't get much further without it--with dgVoodoo 2 it starts but only get as far as the initial copyright screen before it crashes.

Thanks that's very helpful. Also knowing that win 7 tidbit..in fact i remember i used to run it on a modern pc around 2008-ish, and now i know the reason why

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users