BioShock Infinite thoughts

Absolutely loved the game, finished it a few days ago. Some of the moment at the end were spine-tinglingly good.

However I can't help but feel disappointed with weapons and gunplay of the game. Basically I only used two weapons, the carbine and the machinegun, which I upgraded fully. I also only used two vigors - Murder of Crows and Devil's Kiss (and occasionally Shock Jocky). For some reason the game seemed to encourage you to use fewer weapons - and I think it suffered for it. BioShock 1's gunplay was much strategic, and ammo was very scarce, it basically made you improvise and think harder about how to engage in combat.

Also I felt the integration of Vigors into the story didn't really make sense. It is kind of explained at the end, but it didn't seem like it was 'integral' to the story. Whereas in BioShock 1, the plasmids/Adam were kind of the star of the show and they were part of the driving force of the plot and setting.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game as a whole. The setting was beautiful, Elizabeth seemed fully realized as a person, and the game made you care for her.

Gunplay was a little loose, but as that isn't the star of the show, I didn't mind as much. I also used my plasmids much less than 1/2, so take that as you will.

I played the game on medium the first time, and it was just too easy. Gonna go back through and play it on 1999 mode and see how much fun that is.

Looking back on it, it truly was amazing how much foreshoadowing/hints the game drops about the ending throughout the game.

• 6 months later...

The game was enjoyable although not as good as the First Bioshock. The gameplay was quite fun but i found the gear system a bit broken and no thought well. the story was quite good no problem there. They should planed the game mechanics a little bit better.