About This File

This makes the music in "Croc: Legend of the Gobbos" play.

It also replaces the original short, low quality music files in the PC version with the longer higher quality PlayStation version's music.

Author is vs49688.

This patch is designed to bring the PC version of Croc: Legend of the Gobbos more in line with the original PSX Version.

By "more in line" I mean that the Croc CD is no longer required to hear the music in-game, and the game has been heavily modified to Croc about to kill a Dantiniuse the PSX-specific audio tracks. All of the cut-down audio tracks in the PC version have been replaced with the full-length PSX ones.

Just be aware that as with any program, there may be some bugs :)

Oh, and there is also some technical information regarding the re-mapping or the CD audio tracks in the file “CDRemap.txtâ€, which is included with the release.

If you encounter any bugs or even just want to chat, don't hesitate to get in contact with me at zane@zanevaniperen.com

Enjoy :)

Changelog:

• Fixed a bug where the desert theme was being played in the grass-based levels.

• Initial Release

What's New in Version V.11   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You are simply amazing, it works perfectly, the quality is wonderful. It just dont reproduce the miny victory song when you complete a level. It works on windows 10. thank you so much!

Share this comment

On 2/24/2020 at 1:08 AM, ruif3r said:

You are simply amazing, it works perfectly, the quality is wonderful. It just dont reproduce the miny victory song when you complete a level. It works on windows 10. thank you so much!

I agree!

Though, I didn't make this patch.

I was so surprised when i found this back in the day, and since I can't find the original blog where the author originally posted this anymore, I'm glad PCGamingWiki exists. Without this site, this fix would probably be lost by now.

Have a good day!

Share this comment

Hello Noenko,

The website from the author of this mod (vs49688) is available at the "Croc: Legend of the Goobos" PCGamingWiki page together with a link for this post.

I believe I never played Croc with sounds before, because I always used the ISO version of the game, that had no Audio Tracks at all. But for some reason, the game wasn't playing the Audio CD tracks (even when the Alcohol 52% stated that the mounted MDS/MDF file contains the Audio CD Tracks) and I couldn't use the "Definitive Edition" because my notebook video card (Intel HD Graphics 2000) doesn't support OpenGL 3.3 on Windows (there's some workarounds to make the OpenGL 3.3 feature to work on my video card, but I didn't tried them).

After applying your patch, the sound started to work at the Main Menu and at the stages. But every time the track changes, there was a sound glitch - it seems pitched and plays just fine only after ~3 seconds. Tried to change from D3D to Software rendering but the issue persisted. The solution for me was changing the compatibility mode of "croc.exe" (I'm using Software rendering) at the Croc install folder to "Windows XP SP2", and now the sound works just fine.

Thank you for providing your download because the original files from the author isn't available for download anymore.

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, coldscientist said:

Hello Noenko,

The website from the author of this mod (vs49688) is available at the "Croc: Legend of the Goobos" PCGamingWiki page together with a link for this post.

I believe I never played Croc with sounds before, because I always used the ISO version of the game, that had no Audio Tracks at all. But for some reason, the game wasn't playing the Audio CD tracks (even when the Alcohol 52% stated that the mounted MDS/MDF file contains the Audio CD Tracks) and I couldn't use the "Definitive Edition" because my notebook video card (Intel HD Graphics 2000) doesn't support OpenGL 3.3 on Windows (there's some workarounds to make the OpenGL 3.3 feature to work on my video card, but I didn't tried them).

After applying your patch, the sound started to work at the Main Menu and at the stages. But every time the track changes, there was a sound glitch - it seems pitched and plays just fine only after ~3 seconds. Tried to change from D3D to Software rendering but the issue persisted. The solution for me was changing the compatibility mode of "croc.exe" (I'm using Software rendering) at the Croc install folder to "Windows XP SP2", and now the sound works just fine.

Thank you for providing your download because the original files from the author isn't available for download anymore.

Thank you for that information!

Share this comment