About This File
This is the Far Cry AMD64 / WinXP Pro x64 Upgrade Patch. It allows the game to be run as a native 64-bit application, providing various benefits and enhancements.
Note that the 64-bit version cannot be upgraded to v1.4 (the latest patch).
After installing the patch, the Enhanced Content Patch should also be installed for extra content and optimizations (a link to the patch can be found on the Far Cry wiki page).
Available versions of the patch:
- English (US UK)
- French (FR)
- German (DE)
- Italian (IT)
- Spanish (ESP)
Here is the list of fixes and major notes:
AMD64 Patch additions
- There is a known issue with the external application settings tool and newer GPU's. Using the auto detect feature in-game will properly detect and apply the correct systems settings.
- Resolved an issue where the dedicated/non-dedicated Server server crashes when a user uses â€œ \rcon start_server â€œ console command
- There is a known issue in Multiplayer where entering or exiting a ladder may cause the user gun to disappear. The client simply needs to switch weapons to make the gun reappear.
- Uninstalling the AMD64 bit version will not remove the CD-key. To manually remove the CD-key or Ubi.com settings from the registry, follow these steps: Click Start / Run. Tyep â€œregeditâ€ and press enter. Navigate through the registry tree in the left window to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Crytek\FarCry\Ubi.com. Right click on the CD Key registry and click delete.
- Server and client versions of patch 1.31 and 1.32 will work together but it is highly recommended that users up-grade to the same patch version of both the client and the server.
- To ensure that opening movies play correctly the user must install the same language version of the AMD64 bit patch that is resident on their computer.
- Fixed a graphical issue with tunnel textures in the Stronghold map.
- Punk Buster is not enabled on the AMD64 version and Punk Buster toggles do not appear in server menus.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where a player occasionally gets stuck on geometry in the mp_gorge_amd64 map.
- Fixed an issue where LAN server disappears from the LAN Server List after using the cvar â€œsv_severtype lanâ€. Note â€œSV_servertype UBI/LANâ€ should only be used before-creating a new server via console to define the type of the server. It will not change the status of an existing server.
- Optimized and refactored code to take advantage of 64 bit architecture
- Added Offset bump mapping support
Patch 1.32 change log
- Fixed a Shader Model 3.0 issue that caused graphics corruption on new ATI hardware.
- Set the game to detect nVidia hardware to avoid shaders being compiled at run time.
- Recompiled the 32-bit version with a different version of STL to address some server slowdowns.
The README file provided with the patch can be found under <base game folder>\Support\AMD64