1 Screenshot

About This File

This is an enhanced version of the Valve logo seen in portal 2 (Open Your Mind 2012), the version that turns its head. Unlike the the one I made for Half-Life 2, this one has a bit more work into it.

The video itself is the version that is found in the 2011 leak of DOTA 2. The file itself was in a USM format that needed to be converted as this is the highest quality version of the logo. The audio was manually recreated with the Valve theme from the Half-Life soundtack. The copyright information was recreated to match the quality.

The video was converted several times:

1. Converted from USM to m2v
  2. from m2v to mov (for the editing software)
  3. rendered into a mov
  4. then converted to bik.

Quality was effected a small bit due to this, but I did the best I could to maintain it. It still looks much better than Portal 2's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:

Simply download the zip file and extract it into Portal 2's directory (Where portal2.exe is located). Any updates will not override the file unless Valve decides to add new content one day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details:

No A.I was used. Everything you see and hear is all naturally occurring, even the FPS. The only manual "clean up" I did was recreate the copyright information in the video.

• Higher resolution: Now 1920x1080 instead of 1280x720
  • Higher FPS: Now 30 Instead of 24
  • Higher quality audio (see audio details below)
  • Cleaner looking video
  • Copyright information was recreated using a similar font. InkScape's "Trace Bitmap" feature was used to enhance the Source logo.

Audio Details:

This is where most of the work took place. I used the flac version of the Valve Theme from Half-Life's OST to manually recreate the audio heard in this version of the logo. It may sound slightly different, but that's because I worked with what I had. It took some doing, but aside from the reverb at the end since I could not get it right, I think it is nearly identical. I used the distortion sound from the audio of the USM file.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.