Ultrawide monitor workaround for mgs 2, 3 and mg 1+2 in metal gear master collection

About This File

In short, master collection does not like ultrawide monitors when it comes to metal geaer solid 2 and 3 and will just stretch the game image to fill the screen.

The easy fix is to change your resolution to 1920x1080 just to play these and this script will do that for you.

It uses display changer made by 12noon, according to the website at the time of download they are fine with their product being redistributed for non commercial use as long as it is not altered as seen here https://web.archive.org/web/20230218234037/https://12noon.com/?page_id=127.
Program is entirely created by and owned by 12noon and I don't pretend otherwise.

Copy files:

Simply download the zip file and put both files into the main game directory

Adjust the resolution:

You will need to edit the following in the batch file.

Numbers on line 1 are what we want our resolution to change to when we start the game, for me and probably for you too thats 1920x1080 or 1080p.

numbers on line 7 are what we want our resolution to swap back to once we stop playing, for me this is 2560 by 1080.

image.thumb.png.3a2a387557afb3255d3bf7483daa45c0.png

Steam launch options:

In steam right click the game, click properties, and paste the following into launch options and then close the window using the X in the top right corner.

mgs2or3ultrawideworkaround.bat %command%

image.png.3298d84070b04e7a8a323c852885a2b4.png

Now you can launch the game as normal

Once the game has started this little window will start as well and the game should be running at 1920x1080.
image.png.bc6dbc75b9e8a7953e6e5fbd20cb9e96.png

this is the script running, when you've quit the game and want your computer to go back to ultrawide just click on the script window and then press any key on the keyboard.

It would be nice to automate this but as the game uses two exes this is harder then it needs to be.

Regardless I hope this is helpful to some people until we get a proper fix.

image.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.