Assassin's Creed Valhalla CPU utilization fix

About This File

After title update 1.0.4 the game suffered from being locked down to 50% usage on a wide array of CPUs resulting in heavily reduced performance. This critical flaw officially hasn't been fixed for months. 

If you have a CPU with low thread count (8 or less) or don't have hyperthreading/SMT then you will benefit from this unofficial fix.

Installation

You must extract this file to the game installation folder where ACValhalla.exe is located. You can find this location the following way:

1. Open up Ubisoft Connect and navigate to your Library
  2. Find Assassin's Creed Valhalla and right click then click "View game details"
  3. Click on "Properties"
  4. Below "Local Files" click "Open Folder"
  5. Place XInput9_1_0.dll right over there (Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Valhalla)

Compatibility

This will work on currently available latest version of the game - TU 1.2.1. Earlier versions personally were not tested but should work.

Credits

This fix was made by luther_d.

What's New in Version v2   See changelog

Released

Fixes hangs lasting for several seconds during gameplay

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Omg dude thank you so much!

I even made an account on this site to thank you, I was struggling with micro stutters like this for a week:

https://imgur.com/a/3ZRtxa9

it was unplayable but idk how this fixed it, but not the v2 the first one did, now it dosen't micro stutter its smooth.

Finally can enjoy this good game.

Share this comment

Great fix, I had the same problem with my 4 core Intel CPU and had 35 fps on assasins Cread Valhalla. Now with this fix I have 55 frames on a RTX3070! 

Many thanks luther_d !!!

Share this comment