Resident Evil 7 FOV Tool & Aspect Ratio Patcher

3 Screenshots

About This File

Aspect Ratio Patcher:
[Apply to game's executable before launching the game]
Removes the pillarboxing on widescreen resolutions.

Note: Some 21:9 resolutions are not exactly 21:9. You can enter your exact screen resolutions and it will set the correct aspect ratio for you.

FOV Trainer:
[Open trainer app after launching the game]
Overwrites the in-game FOV value and calculation.
Your desired FOV value is saved on exit. (RE7TrainerSettings.ini)

Archive Password = "pcgw"

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

• Patcher now supports tall aspect ratios
  • The patcher's built-in offsets were updated for the current game version, so the "RE7PatcherUpdate.dat" is no longer required, for now.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Does this not fix the UI/HUD in the game? The resolution/FOV is fixed, but the HUD is stretched for me.

Share this comment

Just now, deej said:

Does this not fix the UI/HUD in the game? The resolution/FOV is fixed, but the HUD is stretched for me.

Unfortunately it does not fix the HUD.

Share this comment

30 minutes ago, RuinedEraser said:

Unfortunately it does not fix the HUD.

Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for the fix though, and thanks for letting me know!

Share this comment

I've tried to use this patcher a few times for use with VorpX (yeah, me again! LOL) and I never got any luck. It seems that it's working for wide aspects (obviously from your screenshots, that much is working) but for aspects with less width such as 4:3 it doesn't work correctly.

This video shows me toggling between fullscreen, borderless fullscreen and windowed mode on a 1920x1440p desktop (it's the actual resolution I set in windows using DSR). Windowed mode runs 16:9 1920x1080 with black bars, fullscreen runs the windowed content but stretched on the width of the monitor, with the black bars (so it squishes the image vertically), and finally borderless shows a vertically stretched 1920x1080 image. Then I change the resolution between 1920x1080 and 1920x1440 to show it has no effect as the game sticks to 1920x1080.

I am wondering if it would be hard to adapt the patcher for resolutions with a width ratio of less than 16:9.

PS: 1920x1440 is ideal for VorpX since it's the benefit of 1440p without having to render a wider image than needed.

Share this comment

After June Update on Steam it is broken again, after setting it up with RE7_Widescreen_Patcher_May-1-2022.exe (in my case 5120x1440) the game can not be started und you have to check integrity of local files and the re7.exe will be then downloaded again. Omg

Share this comment