Black Mirror Trilogy - 4K/2K & Bigger Fonts Patch

4 Screenshots

About This File

Black Mirror trilogy being one of my all time favourite Point & Click, i had to make a bit of something to make BM II & III readable in 3840X2160p as well as put some preventive compatibility fix ddl for good old Black Mirror.

So here they are.

Please take time to read a bit further, especially for BM II & III as there are some very slight concessions i had to make.

For Black Mirror :

https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat

Used for compatibility & bugfixes

Copy into game directory (where agds.exe is)

Nothing more can be done for this game.
D3D9/11 wrappers causes artifacts or glitches

For both Black Mirror II & III :

- Delete config.xml and default_config.xml in Documents/BlackMirror2 first, this will allow 1440p/2160p default selection possible.
You will have to reconfigure graphics but it doesn't take long.

- Copy/paste GUI folder + Config.xml into main Black Mirror 2 Game folder, erase when asked.
- In Option menu, choose hardware cursor or Original Black Mirror cursor. Default cursor has black spot/square when interacting with something in high resolution.

By default, Fonts are 200% bigger than original. This should be more than enough for 1440p and ok for 2160p.
Please also note that this patch will only increase dialogues/objects descriptions fonts size, increasing main menu and tutorial fonts made them vanish completely.
Due to background fixed resolution, save/load names are a bit more difficult to read, can't do anything about that.

If you wish 300%/400% fonts, i created them as well : just go to GUI/fonts folder. Delete OldTypeFaces.ttf, choose between Oldtypefaces300 and 400 and rename to OldTypeFaces.ttf. 
Be advised that these can make save names and options menus impossible to read or change. Changing graphics and options to desired BEFORE replacing with 300 or 400% is advised.

Hope it helps you as it helped me making these magnificient games readable in 4K & on TV :) !

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Its remind me Dead space unpscable fronts in higher resolution. Do you think that you could fix DS with same method?

Share this comment