• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
  • Uru: Ages of Myst

uni.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is useless. After selecting the KOTOR folder (either manually or letting it find it), there is no way to type in the new resolution, clicking on the fields does nothing, neither does tabbing through fields. I can change the IMPORTANT DETAILS text, but I can't enter the resolution lol.

Share this comment

The same thing happened to me, but with a few minutes on Google and a few dozen minutes experimenting, I got it to run. It's been about a month since your reply, so I hope you got yours running as well. If not, and for anyone else looking for solutions relevant in 2021:

Watch this video. It focuses on must have mods and nice to have mods that work at this time:
KOTOR I Ultimate Modding Guide | What Are The Best Mods? (posted Feb 19 2021)

One of the first things that video tells you to do -- fix the game to display on modern widescreen monitors -- is not explained in that video. That step, in fact, is to install this patch. I watched the following guide to get UniWS to work:
Kotor Widescreen FIX : Kotor 1080p / Widescreen UNIWS (posted March 21 2016)

Make sure you follow that guide closely.

Yeah, it's 5 years old, but the game is 18 years old and the software really hasn't changed much since 2016. The hardware has. Video #2 there has some essential links in its description, including...
... the guide he was following in creating that video (links to the Wide Screen Gaming Forum/WSGF Kotor article), and ... 

... the HUD Correction files for a screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 (links to a cloud file host), which is not included in that guide.

I bring that last link up because it's what cost me the most time overall. I have a 4k monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 2160. Forcing the game to that resolution was a disaster, which wasn't all that surprising. My next largest resolution is 2560 x 1600 and that did not work either. It's not the correct aspect ratio. 2560 x 1440 works just fine for me. In order for your in-game HUD to resize properly at that resolution, you will need that final link above. If you can manage a different resolution (up to 2560 x 1600), the WSGF article will have the file download you need.

Given the shift to 4k monitors, I think the graphic improvements that can be patched/modded in have hit a wall, so for those of us who love to play ancient games, dreaming of the day they might be remade, this may be the last update anyone will ever need. Hope these notes help.

Share this comment

If followed the tutorial and you set up UNIWS correctly but are having issues with the screen not being centered like me then I may have a solution.

Find the location of your swkotor.exe, then right click and select "Properties" A window should pop-up, switch to the "Compatibility" tab. There, click on "Change high DPI settings" and check the box at the bottom which says "High DPI scaling override" to override the scaling behaviors performed by the Application.

Hopefully this helps so you don't spend too much time troubleshooting like me.

Share this comment