3 Screenshots

About This File

This tiny patcher will unlock the 21:9 aspect ratio in the game menu, allowing to select ultrawide and many other resolutions under "???" for extra FOV.

Download the archive, unpack it, then use the included tool to patch \OuterWilds\OuterWilds_Data\globalgamemanagers

What's New in Version 1.0.2.100   See changelog

Released

Support for the latest version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

How do I use this? when I hit download, I can either open it, and nothing happens, or I can save it as a text file.... I am very lost. Would love some guidance on what im doing wrong

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, a420zombie said:

How do I use this? when I hit download, I can either open it, and nothing happens, or I can save it as a text file.... I am very lost. Would love some guidance on what im doing wrong

Try the saving as a text file option but make sure it actually replaces the original file after the fact.

Share this comment

its not an option to save over it 😞 that's why im confused! sorry, im bad at computers 😛

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, a420zombie said:

its not an option to save over it 😞 that's why im confused! sorry, im bad at computers 😛

Save it anywhere, then copy and paste. If there's no prompt at that, you may want to change the file name to match the target

Share this comment

Thank you Rose!  It worked perfectly. Really appreciate you creating this and making it available to the community!

Edit: I should add that I'm using it for 3440x1440 and there's not screen cutoff that I can tell.  Everything appears to be scaled perfectly.

Share this comment

This shows up as an unwaders virus on download that will launch ads on your computer. Please investigate. 

Share this comment

Just now, Z3PP said:

This shows up as an unwaders virus on download that will launch ads on your computer. Please investigate. 

The modified game file (option 1) will not get flagged by AV.

The new patcher (option 2) is meant to modify files, so it gets flagged by some AV software (7 of the 71 AV engines on Virus Total), and even of those 7 most reasonably describe it as a "crack" - you are indeed to hack a game to force it to support your resolution.

There is nothing about the virus you mentioned, so it might be that your PC is already infected by something that affects what you download or see online.

Share this comment