Stroke of Fate: Operation Bunker

micael7

Hello everyone,

A friend told me that you are experts in finding solutions and that if there was a place where someone could help me, it would be here.

I bought this game on Steam a long time ago, but apparently it has a bug that makes it unplayable after entering the bunker... It is a known problem that affects all Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems (You can see numerous threads on Steam about this) and it seems that it still has no solution, at least that I know of. I have tried a lot of things to fix it, but without any success.

There's hardly any information on the game on the wiki page and I was wondering if anyone has managed or can help find a way to get it working on these systems.
Thank you!

Thanks for yor reply, BaronSmoki!

Once you enter the bunker (more or less in the middle of the game) the game gives random errors and crashing, making it unplayable. The error code is something like visual c++, R6025, It seems to be related to the flickering effects of the bunker lights. 

I have tried Compatibility Mode, but it doesn't work. Also tried installing all c++ packages and using dgvoodo2 and dxwnd, but the bug keeps crashing once you enter the bunker. 

According to Steam comments, this doesn't happen when playing on windows 7. I have no idea what Windows 10 does differently to make this happen.

I have a save just before entering the bunker, where the bug appears, in case someone has the game and wants to fight a bit to find the solution.

Thanks again!

save (1).7z