PCGW input suggestion: Steering wheel-support

gremolio

As a user of a Thrustmaster steering wheel, I'm unfortunately familiar with the situation that it's a patchwork quilt with support here, as it was with gamepads in the 1990s. There are understandably no basic statements from the developers regarding support, since the implementation obviously has to be implemented for each model series.

I have created a continuous list of the games I have tested with my Thrustmaster TMX Pro on Steam community, which I update regularly - since I am unfortunately quite alone with this or overlook something, however, it regularly comes to bad purchases.

Could we perhaps agree on an entry per manufacturer (Thrustmaster, Logitech, Fanatec, anyone else?)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 9:50 PM, Theclaw135 said:

Knowing which games support on-screen button prompts for steering wheels (or dance pads, flight sticks, etc) would be nice.

Good example - for me it's the other way around: The Thrustmaster TMX Pro has the well-known XInput layout, only apparently very few games are aware of this: In most games I get instead key 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. displayed and I can create a template for myself. Another aspect, which is why a category for this would already be practical, just as the support for PS, XInput, etc. is differentiated on PCGW. On the statement 'support for use with steering wheels' can unfortunately not give anything, because there is apparently no widespread, leading interface for devs.
Thus, there are always necessary refunds and purchases via GamersGate & Co. are not conceivable at all. DiRT 5, on the other hand, I almost missed, because I then completely unexpectedly noticed that the TMX support came after all with an unexpected update.