Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - Crash during deduction

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments for PC (GOG Version). The game itself plays and runs perfectly fine but after a good 30 minutes the game crashes during deduction. After I restart the game I can go on with the deduction but not for very long. I'm able to complete the game but it's a little anoying to restart the game every 30 to 45 minutes due to the crashes.

Has anyone else experienced crashes due to the deduction and/or knows how to fix them?

I'm using a GTX 1080 ti with a Intel Core i7-8700 (non-k) and I have 32 Gigs of RAM (if all of that does matter).

Edit: I think I did have read an article a long time ago (which I can't find anymore) that this happens due to my CPU having to much Cores (or better said, the game was designed for fewer cores?) But I can't verify this information. Maybe someone does know anything about this?

• 5 weeks later...

At a guess, changing the "CPU affinity" so that the game only uses some of your processor cores may fix your problem? I know this is a solution for older games when CPUs only had the single core at least but your game is pretty modern so I don't know for sure. Anyway, to do this read this- http://www.howtogeek.com/121775/how-to-force-windows-applications-to-use-a-specific-cpu/ and to set things up permanently, should that work, so you don't have to change it every time you play follow one of these suggestions- https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/144736-how-permanently-set-cpu-affinity-programs.html

As I say, complete guess here but fingers crossed it'll help.