Kill Switch/kill.switch Windows 10 Low Framerate

vrubayka

The game drops frames for no reason. I tried windowed mode, directx8to9 wrapper, compatibility mode, setting CPU affinity to one CPU. Nothing helped. Anybody has any tips? It's a RenderWare game btw. Not sure what else I should try.

The game drops frames for no reason. I tried windowed mode, directx8to9 wrapper, compatibility mode, setting CPU affinity to one CPU. Nothing helped. Anybody has any tips? It's a RenderWare game btw. Not sure what else I should try.

What GPU do you have? You could try use dgVoodoo2, that might fix your performance issues. It seems the game uses DirectX 9

When does the game struggle the most with it's framerate?

55 minutes ago, mrpenguinb said:

What GPU do you have? You could try use dgVoodoo2, that might fix your performance issues (be sure to use D3D8.dll and the .dll's from the x86 folder).

When does the game struggle the most with it's framerate?

I did try it already, doesn't help. The framerate drops heavily during the shootouts, particle effects and stuff happening on screen. My GPU is an GeForce 940MX. It's a laptop card, but I'm 100% sure the frame drops are not happening because it's not strong enough.

Here, the frame rate drops on a very strong machine as mentioned by the creator of the video:

So the issue has to be with the game itself.

I did try it already, doesn't help. The framerate drops heavily during the shootouts, particle effects and stuff happening on screen. My GPU is an GeForce 940MX. It's a laptop card, but I'm 100% sure the frame drops are not happening because it's not strong enough.

Here, the frame rate drops on a very strong machine as mentioned by the creator of the video:

So the issue has to be with the game itself.

I made a mistake, the game uses DirectX 9.

I have attached a .zip file with all of the .dll's that I used.

Extract and overwrite any files and see if you have any performance issues.

Using dgVoodoo2 fixed all of the performance issues for me.

If you get a black screen, or it doesn't run properly, adjust the forced resolution in dgVoodoo2's DirectX tab to something that suits your monitor.

(I forced dgVoodoo2 to run the game at 1920x1440 resolution)

kill.switch.dlls.zip

If you get a black screen, or it doesn't run properly, adjust the forced resolution in dgVoodoo2's DirectX tab to something that suits your monitor.

If you Alt+Tab out of the game, press Alt + Enter to go fullscreen again. You can disable Alt + Enter under the DirectX tab in dgVoodoo2.

8 hours ago, mrpenguinb said:

I made a mistake, the game uses DirectX 9.

I have attached a .zip file with all of the .dll's that I used.

Extract and overwrite any files and see if you have any performance issues.

Using dgVoodoo2 fixed all of the performance issues for me.

kill.switch.dlls.zip 1.84 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks! You should add that solution to the Wiki entry.

Edit: oh it's already been done, great.