Pre-Steam Metal Slug ports

When I was searching for Rockman X7 Korean PC version on eBay, I noticed the seller also sold Korean versions of Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 4, and a compilation of 3, 4, and 5.  I also came across a Japanese version of Metal Slug 5 for PC.  I can't seem to find anything about a Metal Slug 1 or 2 PC versions, but I did find another Korean Metal Slug 3 game, though this looks a bit dodgy compared to the others.  Now my question here is, for those of you who own these games, are they different enough from the Steam re-releases of the past decade?  Or are these all emulated versions?  Are they worth documenting on the Wiki?  Not even Korean Wikipedia seems to have any info about these PC versions.  The Wikipedia Article for 5 seems to imply that it was released worldwide for PC in 2004, but I only found a Japanese copy.

Ah sorry for the late reply.  I looked carefully at the boxart of Metal Slug X and I noticed the text "REPROGRAMMED MEGA ENTERPRISE 2001".  Mega Enterprise refers to the Korean publisher of the Metal Slug games, and who later bought out SNK when they went bankrupt.  "Reprogrammed" is interesting because I've seen that used in the Genesis ports of Ghouls N Ghosts, Strider, and Truxton, which meant that Sega ported the game themselves.  So perhaps Metal Slug X is an actual port of the game and not an emulation?

• 5 months later...

First thing first, I have all the Rockman / Megaman X to X8 PC version including the X7 Korean, except X2 in which it doesn't released on PC

Second, I only have the Metal Slug Anthology for PC, in which is not the same as Humble Bundle low quality Emu encapsulated game

13 hours ago, Ptolemy said:

How is the X1 port?

I haven't tried for a long time, and from the last time I played X1, it is quite not the experience I have in SNES.

Oh yeah, it was DOS port, and it might be a bit sluggish in DosBox. I might try it again