Need guidance for new graphics card

OpTiMuS 007

My rig : i5 4560 3.1 ghz

4 gb ram 

nvidia gt 610 2gb

I am thinking to buy a new graphics card. But I am confused which one to buy from amd and nvidia . My budget is rupees 15000 . I thought I would buy evga gtx 760 2gb but can it play games such as watch dogs , assasins creed , gta 5 at ultra settings ?

IF necessary i will increase the ram to 8 gb.

Please reply ASAP!

THANKS!

First of all you posted this in the wrong section.

Back to topic, there's no way we can know how AC: unity and GTA:V are going to perform (given they are not out yet)

Watch dogs on the other hand is out, but it's a real biased example (benchmarks here anyway)

For a real comparison see these

If I had to prefer a company, I would go with AMD. Just because they are not trying to own the world with closed technologies.

Well, like Mirth said, we have no idea how the newer games you mentioned will perform. We could not give you an accurate suggestion on a proper video card.

That being said, I would highly recommend upgrading to 8 GB of RAM. It's considered the standard amount now and would give an overall boost regardless of video card choice.

The general consensus (as far as I can tell) is that Nvidia is pricey but stable, and AMD is cheaper but iffy with certain games (ex. any id Tech 5 game runs horribly on AMD). Keep in mind that this is a vast over-simplification of the differences. Ultimately, you will need to do the research to determine what works for you.

Personally, I would go with AMD.

(For those wondering, 15,000 rupees = ~$245 USD)

Personally, the only games that have ever overflowed my ram have been the evolve alpha and nba2k15 (that I had to run in 720p)

Besides these, I don't know others that could exceed 2.5GB of RAM used..

But if you really want to be prepared for everything... 5GB should be enough I think (considering DDR3 ram is usually sold in even number, 6GB then)

And keep in mind this is only the "minimum" for a selected number of unoptimized games

Besides, I tried RAGE an year ago (thanks steam free weekends) and I only had to use 64bit version to make disappear every texture streaming problem (ati 5770)

Those problems have been definitively addressed with driver updates, imo