About This File
Upgrades the original release of Soldier of Fortune to the Gold Edition. This update is not needed for the Gold Edition retail release.
See the included readme file for further details.
What's New in Version Gold
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
- Ã‚Â· Re-worked single player AI
- Ã‚Â· Two new Deathmatch Modes for multiplayer: Control and Conquer the Bunker
- Ã‚Â· 18 new multiplayer maps. 11 for Conquer and 7 for Control. Standard Deathmatch, Assassin, and Arsenal are also readily playable on all of the new maps
- Ã‚Â· A brand new multiplayer team consisting of six new player skins
- Ã‚Â· A computer controlled bot for Standard Deathmatch and Arsenal
- Ã‚Â· Pure Server support for multiplayer games
- Ã‚Â· Various bug fixes
- BUG & FEATURE FIXES
- Ã‚Â· Added support for multi colored names in the Deathmatch scoreboard
- Ã‚Â· Added RED/BLUE team support in CTF
- Ã‚Â· Added RED/BLUE team support into CONQUER deathmatch
- Ã‚Â· Added downloads of menu .rmf files for deathmatch levels
- Ã‚Â· Added downloads of bot pathing files for deathmatch levels
- Ã‚Â· Added support for newer EAX map versions, so we are concurrent with EAX map output from the latest version of Eagle.
- Ã‚Â· Added a "-nostart" command line option, so that dedicated servers won't automatically start dedicated.cfg
- Ã‚Â· Added a check for invalided saved game files in the menu code
- Ã‚Â· Addressed an issue where people behind firewalls are connecting from the same IP
- Ã‚Â· Update to A3D's A3DAPI.dll to provide detection for Vortex 2 chipsets
- Ã‚Â· Update to the WON library that addresses some bugs
- Ã‚Â· Fixed crash in EAX sound code when playing old sounds
- Ã‚Â· Fixed crash in DM when getting killed by standing over a flaming body
- Ã‚Â· Fixed crash in DM for Arsenal caused by weapon switching / inventory bug
- Ã‚Â· Fixed problem where people had difficulty connecting to servers
- Ã‚Â· Fixed an issue with spectator mode
- Ã‚Â· Fixed an overflow issue with demo playback
- Ã‚Â· Fixed CTF issue with force join
- Ã‚Â· Fixed irqctf1 where players could get into bad spots
- Ã‚Â· Fixed scripting problem in KOS3 when killing the helicopter
- Ã‚Â· Fixed a bug in detection of remote IP address for systems with multiple IPs
- Ã‚Â· Changed the "Error during Initialization" dialog to report the specific error
- Ã‚Â· Circumvented W2K bug, which would basically not allow various GL implementations to initialize under W2K
- Ã‚Â· Re-organized CD copy protection
- Ã‚Â· Made it so that the winsock error WSAECONNRESET doesn't drop you to the console during DM server browsing
- Ã‚Â· Server Browser updates info when bringing up the status of a particular server
- Ã‚Â· Automatic account login for dedicated servers
- Ã‚Â· Clients connecting to dedicated servers no longer need a CD
- Also included in this version is a DLL from Creative Labs. This emulates EAX2.0 on any card that supports EAX1.0. This would include SB PCI cards, Vortex2 cards, and older Sensura based cards. To install this feature, run the batch file in the SoF directory called "installeax.bat"
- Ã‚Â· Custom maps may not be compatible between patched and non-patched versions of Soldier of Fortune.
- Ã‚Â· Saved games will not be compatible between patched and non-patched versions of Soldier of Fortune.
- Ã‚Â· This upgrade will work for English, German, French, and Tactical CD-ROM versions of Soldier of Fortune. This patch upgrades your copy of Soldier of Fortune to version 1.06. After installing this upgrade, you will only be able to play multiplayer games with people who have also installed this same upgrade.