Lego Star Wars: The Video Game - Widescreen Fix

6 Screenshots

About This File

This RAR file contains files that alter the game's aspect ratio and resolution, since the game stretches the view at wider resolutions than 4:3 by default. All instructions are included in the readme file of the fix.

:-: Credits go to: AuToMaNiAk005. Source of the fix in case you wish to contact the author: 

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

- Fixed the HUD icons being misaligned on aspect ratios wider than 16:9/21:9.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great work.
Can you please try "LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Sage", "LEGO Indiana Jones" and "LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues"?
I think the first one was only possible via Cheat Engine.
Would be cool to have a permanent solution without having to fiddle around with another tool every time you start the Game.

Share this comment

On 1/10/2024 at 6:19 PM, gufesaret said:

Great work.
Can you please try "LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Sage", "LEGO Indiana Jones" and "LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues"?
I think the first one was only possible via Cheat Engine.
Would be cool to have a permanent solution without having to fiddle around with another tool every time you start the Game.

Sure, will tell the author about those too. Hopefully they're an easy fix as well.

Share this comment

On 1/13/2024 at 7:19 PM, AlphaYellow said:

Sure, will tell the author about those too. Hopefully they're an easy fix as well.

Hi, any news on this? 🙂

Share this comment

Thanks for the fix! 🙂 I found some issues, but it worked in 3840x1080.

Because there is no information about the version in my exe, I downloaded a patch to make sure it's up to date. It was v1.0 (exe is about 11MB) and patched to v1.0.0.2 (exe is about 8MB). Under the YouTube video I found the fix for v1.0.0.2 so I used this, but without using noCD exe. Somehow after patched the game, no CD or ISO file needed to start. Sometimes still started in 640x480, so deleted videos from lego_data\Movies to make sure the game start in under 20secs to help work the fix. After this sometimes still got minimal resolution. I see there is a new SWLEGO.bin file after I launch the game with fixed exe and overwriting every time, but the game still running in 640x480, so started to delete this bin file every time I close the game. This way the fix working for me.

So my suggestions are:

1. Patch your game to v1.0.0.2 (do not use noCD exe from fix)
  2. Delete videos from lego_data\Movies folder
  3. Delete SWLEGO.bin every time your close the game

Share this comment