About This File

This fix installs a compatibility shim allowing for installers of certain older Ubisoft titles (those that use "SetupUbi.exe" as their installer) to work correctly on systems in which they would previously crash or hang.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I downloaded and ran this Ubi Soft Installer Fix (Ubi Soft Installer Fix - Setup.exe file) and it worked! An old (2001) Ubisoft game that couldn't start installing, finally installed! Thank you!

Unfortunately, after installation the game crashes and I don't know why...

My question is: If you run this file (Ubi Soft Installer Fix - Setup.exe) does it install something somewhere in your hard drive? If yes, can it be uninstalled/deleted?

Thank you,

John

Share this comment

18 hours ago, yannism said:

I downloaded and ran this Ubi Soft Installer Fix (Ubi Soft Installer Fix - Setup.exe file) and it worked! An old (2001) Ubisoft game that couldn't start installing, finally installed! Thank you!

Unfortunately, after installation the game crashes and I don't know why...

My question is: If you run this file (Ubi Soft Installer Fix - Setup.exe) does it install something somewhere in your hard drive? If yes, can it be uninstalled/deleted?

Thank you,

John

It installs a compatibility shim, and can be uninstalled in the same manner as any other program (that is, through "Setttings -> Apps" or "Control Panel -> Change and Remove Programs")

Share this comment