About This File
This patch enables Forsaken to be fully functional on modern Windows machines.
- ogg rips of the CD music, allowing the soundtrack to play without the presence of a CD through dxwnd's CD audio proxy wrapper
- dgVoodoo2 for both Direct3D and 3dfx Glide modes
- Simplified Drivers listings so you can pick between Direct3D and 3dfx Glide renderers
1. Delete the Opt folder in your Forsaken installation (all these drivers will be replaced)
2. Copy the contents of the included Forsaken Folder to your existing installation
3. Run LAUNCH.BAT
In case of playback issues with the intro cutscene, run IV5_FLTR.EXE. This will install the appropriate codec to play the intro file properly.
- Running the game in software mode only results in a crash. All other options work 100 fine though, so it shouldn't be too big a deal.
You CAN run Forsaken.exe or ForsakenHW.exe directly, but the intro (for ForsakenHW) and biker/computer voices WILL NOT WORK. So if you want the full experience, run the game via LAUNCH.BAT.