Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2/Mysteries of the Sith - Half Waggle Weapon Speed Mod 1.0.0

About This File

Explanation:

I did this because i don't like how the weapons swing/waggle in first person view, in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 and Mysteries of the Sith, being worse if you use jkgfxmod. They are very distracting in the action.

I only edited the <game>/Resource/cog/*.cog files, changing the "jkSetWaggle" parameters to a half of the original files, taking the EMJK / EMSITH or Jedi Knight Neural Upscale Special Effect Annex 1.0 / MotS Neural Upscale Special Effect Annex 1.0 cog files as reference.

Compatibility:

Fully Tested with the GOG version, with the setting Always Run ON, and with jkgfxmod and High Detail Mod.

Non tested with EMJK / EMSITH , JK: RemasteredMotS: Remastered, or others High definition replacement mods, but it should work with them if you don't like the swinging/waggle of this versions, but it can cause issues too.

Installation:

Extract the file in Dark Forces 2 or Mysteries of the Sith's game folder. If you have a (mostly) vanilla game it shouldn't overwrite any file.

If you are using other mods and there are file overwrited, it could cause issues, but i don't know because it's untested.

ℹ️  NOTE: It might not work if you load an old save game, but it works with a new game.

---

More info: https://github.com/jdmclark/jkgfxmod/issues/71#issue-927518664

What's New in Version 1.0.0

Released

Added Dark Forces 2 version (This time, for sure).

Updated Readme, fix typos.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.