EDFix (Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain Fix)

3 Screenshots

About This File

About

EDFix is an ASI Loader plugin/mod for Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain, which fixes a lot of the oversights with the PC port.

Here's a list of everything that this mod enables:

• Uncapped Framerate (By default, the game is capped at 60FPS)

• Ultrawide/Multimonitor support (By default, the game uses pillarboxing and Vert- FOV scaling, which doesn't make ultrawide support ideal. This mod removes the pillarboxing, and adjusts the FOV to best work with your screen resolution)

• Custom Resolution Scaling (By default, the game sets the internal resolution to 83.333% of the actual screen resolution. With this mod, 100% is the default, although this can be adjusted for performance or visual quality)

• Custom Field of View support (By default, the game uses 90° for the FOV. You can adjust this using a 16:9 Vertical FOV value)

• Adjusting Motion Blur quality (or the option to remove motion blur entirely)

• Adjusting Anisotropic Filtering

Setup

Copy the plugins folder and dsound.dll (ASI Loader) into the "\EDFIR\Binaries\Win64" directory of where the game is installed.

Note: If you don't have any other Steam library locations set up, this will likely be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\paper".

Edit the "config.ini" inside of the "plugins" folder to change to your desired FOV, framerate cap, motion blur setting, anisotropic filtering option, and resolution scale option.

NOTE:
If you are experiencing difficulties launching the game or changes don't apply after installing the patch, make sure to download Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redists here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Source Code

Source code is available here: https://gitlab.com/KingKrouch/EDFix

Download

While this is a mirror of EDFix for the sake of archival purposes, the latest version can be downloaded here.

Download includes the latest version of Ultimate ASI Loader.

Support/Discussion thread can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1039890/discussions/0/2270321250022100805/

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 1/17/2021 at 7:07 AM, alpacko said:

latest version was deleted.

That was because I moved my Git repositories over to GitLab, and I made a new AppVeyor account so I could do private binary builds when I am testing the build settings on a new repo.

The page has been updated to link to the new repo and binary builds.

Share this comment