Adding a new engine?

Aaron Giles

Hi,

I'm the author of DREAMM, a LucasArts-focused emulator for Windows/MacOS/Linux that supports a couple dozen games (and a bunch beyond just the adventure games).

I noticed recently another author updated a few pages here to indicate that DREAMM can be used to run some of the games, which is great! In fact, the goal of DREAMM is to make it really easy to run these games on modern systems, especially some of the early Windows games, which are notoriously challenging to get running.

However, the links were pointing to the beta page on my website, and I have since released the official version. So I registered an account and went in today to fix the links.

While I was doing that, I noticed that you have an Engines section. It seems to me it would be smarter to create an Engine page for DREAMM and link there instead, but I see it requires special permissions to do so. I'm also not 100% sure if that's the right direction. I see ScummVM counts as an engine, but something like DOSBox doesn't. Though DREAMM uses emulation under the covers, it's presentation to the user is much more like ScummVM, and only supports certain games, rather than emulating an OS generically.

If one were to be created, I'd be happy to help flesh it out, or also happy to leave it to others. The main goal is that I'd like to update the pages for the games I support to mention DREAMM, but I'd rather wait until there was an Engine page to link to before doing so.

Thanks,

Aaron