Ultrawidescreen UI offset/placement

hubernomiddlenamesng

In my opinion, having information on where the UI will be placed on ultrawidescreen (16+:9) is really important and any workarounds to change where the UI is located for resolutions higher than 16:9. There is already information on whether or not games support 21+:9 and providing UI information along with Hor-, etc. can be added to those boxes. A game that supports 32:9 but not having key information readily visible within the normal field of view will detract me to even play on 32:9. Useful for action games and even strategy where you need to swing your head and mouse everywhere to understand information.

Information provided can be UI placement: option of 21:9 and 16:9, forced 16:9, UI offset by a slider, etc.. A distinction would need to be made for UI offset if the particular game has it coded to offset by a set amount of pixels rather than proportional to the difference between set resolution and standard 16:9. To clarify on this since I am bad at explaining is some may just do (21-16)/2 offset only for all resolutions rather than scaling it to [(current horizontal resolution scaled to x:9)-16]/2.