God Of War - Vignette Removal Patch

2 Screenshots

About This File

Removes the mild Vignette effect that's present in the game. Disabling Vignette also disables the low health warning due to it being realized with a red-tinted flashing vignette. Only disables Vignette in spite of what is visible on the attached screenshots.

The archive password is pcgw

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

16 hours ago, BaronSmoki said:

Hi, please password protect this file per the wiki guidelines. It has been flagged as malware by a large number of security vendors: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/04e8122aee31342c3db580b10bbc5338fa538d373f86c94f6ee13189a775b2d8

Understood. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yhL2XJ_4xbCTUgzh-63ID4ysWCtW2Mm8/view?usp=sharing

The patcher is safe though. VirusTotal is sending off false alarms due to the nature of the file and what it does. As per the guidelines, the password is: pcgw

Do I make a new post or update this one?

Share this comment

25 minutes ago, scorpwind said:

Understood. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yhL2XJ_4xbCTUgzh-63ID4ysWCtW2Mm8/view?usp=sharing

The patcher is safe though. VirusTotal is sending off false alarms due to the nature of the file and what it does. As per the guidelines, the password is: pcgw

Do I make a new post or update this one?

Thanks. Yes, we know false positives are often triggered by unofficial patches.

Do whatever is easiest for you, either updating this post or creating a new one.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, BaronSmoki said:

Thanks. Yes, we know false positives are often triggered by unofficial patches.

Do whatever is easiest for you, either updating this post or creating a new one.

Ok. I replaced the original file with the .zip one. I will now do the same for the DoF patcher.

Share this comment

On 2/1/2022 at 2:31 AM, BaronSmoki said:

Hi, please password protect this file per the wiki guidelines. It has been flagged as malware by a large number of security vendors: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/04e8122aee31342c3db580b10bbc5338fa538d373f86c94f6ee13189a775b2d8

BRO why not add or explain at least how to remove this shit?  MY SCREEN GOES BLACK! u get it? I have to uninstall my whole game because of your shit mod. PLUS u don't explain like nowhere how to disable or remove the mod. SO if something goes bad, JUST FUCKING UNINSTALL, RIGHT?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, reesoll said:

BRO why not add or explain at least how to remove this shit?  MY SCREEN GOES BLACK! u get it? I have to uninstall my whole game because of your shit mod. PLUS u don't explain like nowhere how to disable or remove the mod. SO if something goes bad, JUST FUCKING UNINSTALL, RIGHT?

Reverting back to the original executable is how you remove this shit. You could've have backed it up. You don't need to reinstall the whole game. Just delete the executable and run a file integrity check on Steam. It will redownload the executable. See if you can redownload your manners as well.

Share this comment

On 11/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, scorpwind said:

Reverting back to the original executable is how you remove this shit. You could've have backed it up. You don't need to reinstall the whole game. Just delete the executable and run a file integrity check on Steam. It will redownload the executable. See if you can redownload your manners as well.

Yo, i'm sorry my man but I was mad af lol. Cuz like I had to reinstall my game and yeah

Share this comment

7 hours ago, reesoll said:

Yo, i'm sorry my man but I was mad af lol. Cuz like I had to reinstall my game and yeah

Well, next time you'll be using a mod that modifies the .exe, just back up the original.

Share this comment