About This File
This HUD script intends to fix how blinding the red tinting is from being damaged in HL2:DM, particularly from high damage attacks.
This fix can interfere with custom HUDs, so delete this folder if you install one (most of them include this fix anyway).
1. Navigate to "<path-to-game>/Half-Life 2 Deathmatch/hl2mp"
2. Open the "custom" folder (if you don't have one, create it).
3. Click and drag ONE of the folders into your "custom" folder:
- "red_screen_fix_low" - This heavily reduces the opacity of the damage tint
- "red_screen_fix_off" - This outright removes the damage tint.
4. You're done.
- This mod cannot fix all instances of being damaged due to some events being hardcoded, most notably prop damage (e.g moving fast into props).
- The game will create a "sound" folder with a small "sound.cache" file in it. This is not a bug.
- This fix can interfere with custom HUDs, so delete the fix you chose if you install one (most of the good ones include this fix anyway).
- If you want to disable the death red tint too, open "hudanimations.txt", CTRL+F "HudPlayerDeath" (without quotes) and replace the two lines with "HudDamageIndicator" with the following below:
Animate HudDamageIndicator DmgFullscreenColor "255 0 0 0" Deaccel 0.1 0.2
Animate HudDamageIndicator DmgFullscreenColor "255 0 0 0" Deaccel 0.3 4.0
Diamphid (hl2dm.net) - Using their transperency values
What's New in Version 1.2.0 See changelog
- Added an alternate fix that outright disables the animations.
- Updated readme.txt to reflect the new install instructions.