Audio Settings - Surround Sound

Under 'audio settings' I've been checking 'true' if a game has surround sound and then I realized that I wasn't taking that heading literally enough and decided that I need to be checking 'false' if the game doesn't actually have an option for various speaker configurations. Most games now days just auto detect the user's speaker configuration based on how they have their speakers configured in the operating systems sound device configuration. I'll be going back through and cleaning up changes I've made in the past and updating notes.

I think the current standard has been that automatic handling of features counts as true as long as the result is correct. Another example of this is widescreen resolution handling in games that run at the desktop resolution rather than providing a resolution option.

Yeah, I was thinking about that.

Since the table says "Native" then if a game supports surround sound I suppose that box should be checked regardless of if there is an actual option in the game's settings.

Maybe instead of the heading saying "Audio settings" it should say "Audio features".

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By scottvordem
      Note: After applying the fix, Hardware acceleration and Allow EAX effects will still be greyed out in UruSetup.exe, however those settings no longer apply as this bypasses those settings to be forced on after the game has started.
      This fix allows Hardware Acceleration and EAX to be enabled on modern systems using DSOAL, OpenAL Soft, or Creative ALchemy in URU: Complete Chronicles. Works on GOG version and should work with other versions also.
      Source: https://airtable.com/shrtTsUtiAJQ7wFGI/tblNOTdmp5nHXfFGU/viwjDPuKOjBnIQunv/rec5DHnTjpYhRzdWQ

==Installation==
      1. Extract files to <path to game>  and overwrite existing files.
      2. Set both files (plClientSetup.cfg and audio.ini) to read-only (right click each file --> properties --> check read-only --> click Apply and ok)

==details==
      plClientSetup.cfg forces the audio device to be Generic Hardware by adding Audio.SetDeviceName "Generic Hardware" and has Audio.UseHardware and Audio.UseEAX set to true.
      Audio.ini has Audio.UseHardware and Audio.UseEAX set to true.
    • By Hman360
      A fix for voice issues in chapter 2. Retrieved from original Dropbox link via SirYodaJedi: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gf16yvxj42wa2r1/2_MonkeyIsland102_pc_voice.ttarch?dl=0
      Just copy the .ttarch file to <path-to-game>\The Siege of Spinner Cay\Pack\ or <path-to-game>\Episode 2\Pack\, depending on your installation's structure.
    • By Ambidextrose
      Used to fix the muffled audio
      Extract into the runtime folder in the installation folder
    • By Noenko
      In Powerslave EX, the speech for Ramses is of especially low quality, making it hard to understand at points, I went ahead and ripped my own files from a PS1 disc.
      Article: Powerslave Ex
      Author: Noenko
    • By Username
      This download contains a set of files that replace the some of the lower quality audio files in the Windows port of "Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain" with those from the original PlayStation release.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 236 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online